Southside of Indy
    obama.jpg

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Thats actually kind of clever... I assume the top gun works by basically forcing a slam fire every time.. Anyone feel like building one to let us know :D

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thats actually kind of clever... I assume the top gun works by basically forcing a slam fire every time.. Anyone feel like building one to let us know :D

I was wondering about that. I bet that since the lower on the bottom is a select fire lower, that the one of the top is as well.

If you place the top in "auto" and the bottom in "semi" you get the two shot burst. As mentioned, the bottom gun fires sending the gas to the top gun. The auto seer in the top allows it to drop the hammer when the bolt closes, as it would in normal full auto operation.

When the gas charge from the top goes to the bottom, the cycle stops since the bottom is in "semi." Flip the happy switch on the bottom to "auto" and hang on, because it will be fun!

The catch would be that the very first time it was fired, the hammer would have to be dropped on the top rifle so that it would work correctly from then on.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not to mention that even in semi-auto, it would be classified as an unregistered machine gun. "...more than one shot for every function of the trigger...."

Outside of this country and not subject to the laws here, sure, looks like it'd be fun. Here? No thanks, I don't need a trip to club Fed.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    ^^ in theory, its possible to rig the lower trigger to trip both mechanisms, so that both pins go each time the trigger is pulled. only one barrel would have a live round in at a time, and it would satisfy the non-automatic req't while retaining the high level of badassery

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Not to mention that even in semi-auto, it would be classified as an unregistered machine gun. "...more than one shot for every function of the trigger...."

Outside of this country and not subject to the laws here, sure, looks like it'd be fun. Here? No thanks, I don't need a trip to club Fed.

Are you sure? I'm no expert in the unConstitutional laws of the King---would this really be considered more than 1 shot fired with every pull of the trigger? :dunno:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    ^^ in theory, its possible to rig the lower trigger to trip both mechanisms, so that both pins go each time the trigger is pulled. only one barrel would have a live round in at a time, and it would satisfy the non-automatic req't while retaining the high level of badassery

Thanks---you articulated what I was thinking. That'd be one way to avoid the ATF kicking your door in and shooting your children and dog.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom