• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I guess it his right to post his opinion, but it is also our right to disagree.

Comparing the beliefs of a good number of Americans(including my own), to terroristic beliefs is offensive and misinformed, at best.

I agree - all of us can post whatever we want, with the likelyhood that some people will agree, some won't, and some won't read it at all.

The purpose of my statement is that I don't think that his post was appropriate in the "Funny pic thread." In the Break Room or Politics forums seems to be more appropriate to me.

But, as he mentioned, I'm not a mod, so I'm just another regular guy supporting my opinion. Back to funny stuff...

YouTube - Bizkit the Sleep Walking Dog

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    vr8s2p.jpg

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN

:laugh:

Poor kid. He must've been so disappointed.

I guess it his right to post his opinion, but it is also our right to disagree.

Comparing the beliefs of a good number of Americans(including my own), to terroristic beliefs is offensive and misinformed, at best.

None of us have the right to post anything, since we're not the board owners. We do all have the right to disagree. The right to express dissent is one of the many things I love about this country.

The image was intended to mock those extremists who hold beliefs that differ only slightly from those of the extremists they condemn as evil. It's a shame that you find it offensive, as it certainly made me laugh.

Rehost that somewhere. I want to know what it was.

I don't care thats funny ****.

That was the point. Regardless of opinion on homosexuality, one has to admit that the guy has a sense of humor.

Betty White is bitchin'. :ar15:

Content! Advertisers make some interesting decisions...

poolboy.jpg

shoead.jpg

:n00b:
    blowinherfacecigarad.jpg

:patriot:
    ronaldreaganchesterfiel.jpg

Some things just can't be advertised tastefully.
    furrykeyhole.jpg

On a different note:
    gashcroft.jpg

(Raise your hand if you want this in 8000x12000. :D)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    :laugh:

None of us have the right to post anything, since we're not the board owners. We do all have the right to disagree. The right to express dissent is one of the many things I love about this country.

The image was intended to mock those extremists who hold beliefs that differ only slightly from those of the extremists they condemn as evil. It's a shame that you find it offensive, as it certainly made me laugh.

I think it's sad that you see someone who has strong personal religious beliefs, and merely expresses their opinion, as only "slightly" different than extremists that kill, maim, rape, bomb and destroy in the name of their religion.

One of the things I love about my country is that I have the right to believe, and my rights are protected by our Constitution. Comparing my right to believe, with religious terrorism is asinine.

You wouldn't find it funny if I posted a picture comparing gun owners to terrorists, would you? People call US extremists because we hold the 2nd Amendment dear. That is no more correct than comparing religious belief to terrorism.

Now, to keep this thread on topic:

3385272532_44f853f172_o.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom