• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Most of the people talking about the right to violent resistance, never experienced violence against themselves.

Makes me think of the anarchists I used to deal with in and around the Bloomington area. They had a very unrealistic view of how the world would be once all structure was removed. Most of them were the scrawny types who had clearly never had to work hard and certainly weren't fit for it.

I think they expect it to be a utopia where no one will be there to tell them what to do.

Unfortunately, real anarchy means the biggest, strongest, and meanest people telling the scrawny, weaker ones how it is going to be, without any semblance of the "social justice" they value so highly because our structured system of society allows it.

It would be more Walking Dead and less utopia.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Call me Denny, there is no right to violence but there is a right to self-defense.

Or, be like Han
    be-like-han.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Makes me think of the anarchists I used to deal with in and around the Bloomington area. They had a very unrealistic view of how the world would be once all structure was removed. Most of them were the scrawny types who had clearly never had to work hard and certainly weren't fit for it.

I think they expect it to be a utopia where no one will be there to tell them what to do.

Unfortunately, real anarchy means the biggest, strongest, and meanest people telling the scrawny, weaker ones how it is going to be, without any semblance of the "social justice" they value so highly because our structured system of society allows it.

It would be more Walking Dead and less utopia.

Reminds me of "The Gun is Civilization"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I suppose you have never heard an English Major say, "I know English so I can abuse it."

More than written, it irks me when I hear, it seems like every day, people modify verbs with adjectives.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    This sounds like fun. Just got to pick up some boxing gloves.

rubsfuf64lvy.jpg

That sign makes me think of the Knob Creek machinegun shoot. They always have a BAKE SALE (cookies, cake, and other SUGARY SNACKS) to raise money for diabetes. Isn't that kind if like giving someone alcohol so you can later treat them for alcoholism? I think selling BACON would be much better, or maybe even bacon wrapped bacon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom