Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why would anyone ever complain about seating on a commercial plane?

c130-sized.jpg

This is how I flew over 100 times in 8 years. Only with parachutes and many times with full combat equipment, an 80 lb. pack on my lap and the guy's across from me on top of that and a weapons container strapped to my side.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

c130-sized.jpg

This is how I flew over 100 times in 8 years. Only with parachutes and many times with full combat equipment, an 80 lb. pack on my lap and the guy's across from me on top of that and a weapons container strapped to my side.

And, you had to hold your pee, cause you didn't want to move.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But would you pay for the privilege of flying like that

Especially ifyou knew E6s (bidness class) and up were being given twice as much space, further reducing seating space in 'steerage'

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

c130-sized.jpg

And, you had to hold your pee, cause you didn't want to move.

That was not the worst of it. Jumping with the Infantry wasn't bad, but I put in over a year with the MI support group (most of them hated jumping and only did to maintain status) puke was the order of the day and I just wanted to get out into the fresh air!

But would you pay for the privilege of flying like that

Especially ifyou knew E6s (bidness class) and up were being given twice as much space, further reducing seating space in 'steerage'
    I was an E6 for my last couple of years (still MI but back with my beloved Infantry) the only time an NCO or Officer got any extra space is when we were the jump master or non jumping safety.

Imagine that same picture with rucksacks stacked on laps to eye level and the guy walking with a ripcord chute, stopping on top checking your equipment, turning and checking the guy's across from you and then moving on to the next pair.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That was not the worst of it. Jumping with the Infantry wasn't bad, but I put in over a year with the MI support group (most of them hated jumping and only did to maintain status) puke was the order of the day and I just wanted to get out into the fresh air!

I was an E6 for my last couple of years (still MI but back with my beloved Infantry) the only time an NCO or Officer got any extra space is when we were the jump master or non jumping safety.

Imagine that same picture with rucksacks stacked on laps to eye level and the guy walking with a ripcord chute, stopping on top checking your equipment, turning and checking the guy's across from you and then moving on to the next pair.

Yeah, I pretty much knew I was stretching the metaphor too far

And if the people in bidness class had as much control over us as a sergeant would, life would really suck

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seems, despite being shaken up, the gel was able to repel the attack from the 9mm. Good thing for the gel it wasn't a 45.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom