Westfield
    13062491_10206207789058640_3469381969634570247_n.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Funny thing is that, even though distasteful to a great many of the Christian faith and others,...... you still won't get your head chopped off because of it.

I understand what you are saying, but would rephrase it to say "Coincidentally or ironically" vs. "Funny thing is..." I recognize everyone is entitled to their opinions and free speech certainly protects the material that was posted and of course our objections to it. In many other societies a distasteful portrayal of a deity would almost certainly result in severe physical punishment. We are fortunate to live in a country where the worst that will happen out of all of this is perhaps a little internet forum purse swinging and maybe a small slap on the wrist from the MODS.

That said, with freedom comes responsibility, and I think all of us should remember that "Just be cause we can...doesn't mean we should." I've been outspoken in the past about some similar posts (perhaps by the same poster) and respect his right to do that, and have no ill will towards him. But I still think that the line between a "Funny" picture in a "Funny" picture thread was crossed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom