Central Indiana
    13062154_280815838916493_5779716901196527727_n.jpg

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I'm not sure if this is really funny, or just sad.

I spotted this on a Jeep while on my way to work.

Jeep Funny1.jpg

If you look closely you can see that the CB antenna is not mounted to the Jeep, has no wire attached to it, and is in fact zip-tied onto the tail light guard.
    Why would you want a CB antenna on your vehicle if it wasn't functional? Is this supposed to make you and your Jeep look more "rugged" or something?
    I don't get it...:dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

View attachment 46985

If you look closely you can see that the CB antenna is not mounted to the Jeep, has no wire attached to it, and is in fact zip-tied onto the tail light guard.
    Why would you want a CB antenna on your vehicle if it wasn't functional? Is this supposed to make you and your Jeep look more "rugged" or something?

I've kinda done similar, though mine still worked. Snapped the mount off when the antenna caught a tree branch. Wedged it back between my spare tire and the carrier, and zip-tied it into place. Still worked (well, kinda), so left it that way for a couple of months until I made a new mount.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I've kinda done similar, though mine still worked. Snapped the mount off when the antenna caught a tree branch. Wedged it back between my spare tire and the carrier, and zip-tied it into place. Still worked (well, kinda), so left it that way for a couple of months until I made a new mount.

I can understand that, it's a temp fix for the time being, you gotta do what you gotta do. lol

This looked more intentional and for purely cosmetic reasons. I can't say for sure, but when I looked at it,
    the only way I could think of to be able to actually get the antenna in that spot would be to remove the tail light guard
    and then reattach it with the antenna underneath, basically clamping it in place. It's hard to tell from the picture but I remember how they had it setup.
    I saw no indications that there was a functional mount anywhere on the Jeep which led me to believe that it's just for show.

I just didn't understand why anyone would want to do that and not just go through with installing a real CB. :n00b:

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana

View attachment 46985

I had some jobs in Chicago back in the 90’s and remember seeing ghetto-mobiles (Caddy with all four corners jacked up and goofy tires) roll past in slo-mo with 2-3-4 and sometimes 5 cell phone antennas on them.
    Totally awesome. :rockwoot:

(I hated that place.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom