Not open for further replies.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    stop_children.jpg

For What it is Worth, I think this applies even more today than it did when Buffalo Springfield released it in 1967. I think the world is a much more dangerous place.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Agreed. But I do have to say I am constantly amazed at how much of what I grew up with just keeps getting recycled, whether it is remakes of songs or movies, almost as if there are fewer original thinkers than there used to be.

Reminds me of a (true) story I heard a while back.

Lead singer of a local band that does a lot of 80s and 90s covers was tlaking about what was old is now new again, and his daughter had gotten one of the new Rock Band or Guitar Hero or whatever games and she was raving about this new song in the game... He had to burst her bubble and tell her that song had been around for a long time... She didn't believe him because the game was NEW, and to prove it, he challenged her to the song in the game and cleaned the floor with her, lol.

It's also one of the bands signature covers, that they probably do the best job on out of all of the covers they play (imo)

The song, released in 1982:

[video=youtube;86URGgqONvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom