cell-phone.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    This never really happened. Did it.

Given the structures in the background, this looks like it's on a fob. Most likely this is a rehearsal of some sort, or a staged photo poking fun at the army's fascination with reflective belts. I'm betting it's the latter. That is not to say this sort of thing hasn't happened. The good idea fairies are always coming up with something like this. "If we wear reflective belts, we can lower the likelihood of (?) from severe to moderate on our composite risk assessment!" (2LT smiles eagerly as the CSM nods with approval. It doesn't occur to either that it will most likely get everyone killed.)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Do you doubt that there wasn't some officer stupid enough to try this?
    There were officers that wanted to be saluted. (Sniper check).
    (For clarification, my experience is on subs. I repeat friends and family experience)

I was a Staff Sergeant in the army, once when I was a non jumping safety a Lieutenant Ordered me not to re-rig the static line retriever when he failed to get his stick out on the first pass. He said I wasn't much of a man if I couldn't pull in 5 d-bags, to which I told him I could pull in 5 d-bags but i couldn't pull in a hung jumper. Bas***d tried to get me court-martialed. Problem was I was right.

In the field I had a Lieutenant ream me for not saluting him. I explained to him that we don't salute officers in the field unless we don't like them. He told me we were in training, not combat. I told him "what we do in training we do in combat". A few minutes later I passed the Commanding General and said good morning as we passed and he returned my greeting. ( No, he didn't say "How do I know what kind of *** **** morning it is"?)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Given the structures in the background, this looks like it's on a fob. Most likely this is a rehearsal of some sort, or a staged photo poking fun at the army's fascination with reflective belts. I'm betting it's the latter. That is not to say this sort of thing hasn't happened. The good idea fairies are always coming up with something like this. "If we wear reflective belts, we can lower the likelihood of (?) from severe to moderate on our composite risk assessment!" (2LT smiles eagerly as the CSM nods with approval. It doesn't occur to either that it will most likely get everyone killed.)

I never met a stupid CSM. 1 really rotten 1SGT. Many, many stupid butter bars.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I never met a stupid CSM. 1 really rotten 1SGT. Many, many stupid butter bars.

I had a CSM who, while I wouldn't say was stupid, LOVED ppe. He used to ride around in his air conditioned HMMWV to ranges and TA's and bust dudes in 100 degree / 90% humidity for not wearing their gloves and eye pro. Even on a cold range. Yeah, he would have been giddy just looking at this picture.

But yeah, the butter bars are in a class of their own.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was a Staff Sergeant in the army, once when I was a non jumping safety a Lieutenant Ordered me not to re-rig the static line retriever when he failed to get his stick out on the first pass. He said I wasn't much of a man if I couldn't pull in 5 d-bags, to which I told him I could pull in 5 d-bags but i couldn't pull in a hung jumper. Bas***d tried to get me court-martialed. Problem was I was right.

In the field I had a Lieutenant ream me for not saluting him. I explained to him that we don't salute officers in the field unless we don't like them. He told me we were in training, not combat. I told him "what we do in training we do in combat". A few minutes later I passed the Commanding General and said good morning as we passed and he returned my greeting. ( No, he didn't say "How do I know what kind of *** **** morning it is"?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwATvALiQ_8

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

It was once put out that we would be getting a visit at our Assembly Area from the BN CSM while we were down at Ft. Knox. We were to call "at ease" when he did. Say what? Yeah, and loud enough so that the troops down in the patrol bases a couple hundred meters in each direction could hear. Same CSM, by the way, as that other story I told.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom