Central Indiana
    Joaquin.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

According to the Bible, God created light on Day 1. There was morning and there was evening.

Genesis 1:1-5 New International Version (NIV)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.[SUP]3 [/SUP]And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. [SUP]4 [/SUP]God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. [SUP]5 [/SUP]God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Yes, the actual sun and the heavenly bodies were created on Day 4. Not sure what you say in return to "check mate" but yeah, Check Check mate.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Now we have the privilege to discuss religion politely, enter the religious discussion NAZI's.

Stink! Forgot purple, again.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now we have the privilege to discuss religion politely, enter the religious discussion NAZI's.

I floated the idea of a "Religious Funny Pictures Thread"... I think it could be done tastefully, there's plenty of humor to be had involved with Religion (and anti-religion)... but too many people choose to take offense to it instead of just chuckle and move along.

Not everything has to be so serious... It's one of those topics that both religious and non-religious get pissed when you try to have a laugh at their group's expense.

PYZEDyY.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I floated the idea of a "Religious Funny Pictures Thread"... I think it could be done tastefully, there's plenty of humor to be had involved with Religion (and anti-religion)... but too many people choose to take offense to it instead of just chuckle and move along.

Not everything has to be so serious... It's one of those topics that both religious and non-religious get pissed when you try to have a laugh at their group's expense.

PYZEDyY.jpg

IBTL

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    According to the Bible, God created light on Day 1. There was morning and there was evening.

Yes, the actual sun and the heavenly bodies were created on Day 4. Not sure what you say in return to "check mate" but yeah, Check Check mate.

A day is not measured by light and dark, but rather the time it takes the earth to rotate.

Pudly said:

That's the joke. Not sure you understand the meme. It's not making a jab at religion, it's a jab at "Reddit Atheists", which are otherwise "militant atheists"... not your run-of-the-mill everyday atheist. It's a joke on the stereotypical neckbearded, fedora-wearing "m'lady" kind of guy that presents weak arguments like the one in the picture, and presents it as proof against religion.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's a VERY stupid joke... and both the religious and non-religious here get salty over it... completely missing the point.

This is why a Religious Funny Pictures Thread would fail. Forget I said anything. I'll never post a religion-based humor image again... way too many knee-jerk reactions. Here's a funny picture:

KbAbFbD.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom