The Funny Pic Thread Part 13 - Clowns to the Left of me, jokers to the right, Welcome to DC!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    McxV2w9.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Back in Columbus I left my 1973 Pinto wagon unlocked because it only had about 1/2 gallon of gas in it. Still was stolen. They got about 7 miles and abandoned it. Took my can of oil and cheap socket set, left a walnut shifter knob and their graduation tassel.
    First, it didn't explode when it should have.
    Second, what do you need oil and tools for if you don't have a car?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back in Columbus I left my 1973 Pinto wagon unlocked because it only had about 1/2 gallon of gas in it. Still was stolen. They got about 7 miles and abandoned it. Took my can of oil and cheap socket set, left a walnut shifter knob and their graduation tassel.

To sell.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Adam Carolla tells the story of his old Datsun pickup. He put a switch under the seat to cut off power to the fuel pump when he parked. Twice, it was stolen, then they got about a block before the gas in the fuel bowl ran out and they abandoned it. The good old days of simple trucks with carburetors.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Adam Carolla tells the story of his old Datsun pickup. He put a switch under the seat to cut off power to the fuel pump when he parked. Twice, it was stolen, then they got about a block before the gas in the fuel bowl ran out and they abandoned it. The good old days of simple trucks with carburetors.
    You could still do that. Just put in a switch to something important of your choosing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What if you put your switch on the power to the main Engine Control Module? It might not be able to do anything, including storing codes.
    Well, on many cars you trip the "car okay" decision, which means those of us in NWI can't pass emissions.
    That's got me a couple times before I found out what it took to reset it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, on many cars you trip the "car okay" decision, which means those of us in NWI can't pass emissions.
    That's got me a couple times before I found out what it took to reset it.
    I have a cheap code reader that works in combination with an app on my iPad. If one resets the light, one simply has to make sure and get through a few drive cycles before testing...and hope it doesn't come back on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a cheap code reader that works in combination with an app on my iPad. If one resets the light, one simply has to make sure and get through a few drive cycles before testing...and hope it doesn't come back on.
    Great if you know the drive cycle.
    Look up 2009 Ford Escape Drive Cycle and then you'll wonder what they were smoking.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The computer not only shows the car is OK, but also the keep alive memory.

Instead of adjusting points, tack, dwell and such the computer makes allow those minor adjustments. When you lose power all of that needs to be readjusted by the computer as you drive.

To reset everything drive around a neighborhood for 15 minutes, gentle stops and starts. Get on the highway and keep constant speed for 10 -15 minutes. Back to neighborhood for 15 minutes and pull into emissions test.

I pass every time. I do it every time too.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My dad still has an old Nissan truck that had a fuel pump problem. He wired it into the headlights top get it to work. Still that way now. Sadly nobody has ever tried to steal it.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Our CMax died for no reason so SWMBO was stuck on a rainy day. Had to have it towed. Under warranty. Dealer wanted a week and $200 to analyze it. Research discovered that the car will rarely put itself into transport mode for no reason. To restore, turn the key on, press the brake 5 times and the emergency flashers 5 times. Started right up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom