• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    iu
    Those ugly things, who would drive one of them? LOL j/k it’s a lot of fun. Mojave rides like a car if you can afford that model.

Attachments

• 7A6AF9AA-D7B0-46A9-A8FB-9D1808AB87CC.jpeg
      7A6AF9AA-D7B0-46A9-A8FB-9D1808AB87CC.jpeg
      4 MB · Views: 9

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Here's an everyday-man review from a guy I watch and respect on Utube. He's comparing the Bronco to his Jeep. His dealer is loaning this one to him until his arrives. He ordered the 4 door with the 35" tires and V6 and such, but this one is a 2 door with the 2.3L turbo.

Might be a little self-serving of the dealer, as Mike Morgan has over 200k subscribers, and the dealer knows he'll post a video of it.

He seems overall pleased with it and even commented about the good power out of the 4 banger. Well worth watching, and this guy is the real deal with outdoor vids and what he does on his property in PA.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Here's an everyday-man review from a guy I watch and respect on Utube. He's comparing the Bronco to his Jeep. His dealer is loaning this one to him until his arrives. He ordered the 4 door with the 35" tires and V6 and such, but this one is a 2 door with the 2.3L turbo.

Might be a little self-serving of the dealer, as Mike Morgan has over 200k subscribers, and the dealer knows he'll post a video of it.

He seems overall pleased with it and even commented about the good power out of the 4 banger. Well worth watching, and this guy is the real deal with outdoor vids and what he does on his property in PA.

The one I drove had the 2.3, and the power was good, partial throttle response was good, good off the line. I didn't get to test it on freeway passing. It definitely felt faster than the Gladiator, which was not underpowered but wasn't awe inspiring either. The Gladiator's 60-80 dash was uninspiring for sure, and it gets floaty at 80. I completely understand this is not what the Gladiator is built to do, but my Ram sees plenty of 80mph driving and it's planted and still has plenty of power. In Texas with the 80mph highways and some nasty crosswinds it was very stable. I think the Gladiator would have been scary in the same conditions.

My concern with the 2.3 is longevity. It's a DI motor and has no "upwind injector" to clean the valves, plus it's a lot of power from that small a package. The 2.7 is updated to clean the valves but is also a lot of power and a very complicated motor.

We're strongly considering the Bronco, but plan to wait a few years and see if the PHEV version comes out. The rumor before launch was it would be a 3.0 turbo combined with an electric motor for a 400-450hp total output. That'd be awesome power and a boost in fuel economy wouldn't hurt my feels. I don't mind bad fuel economy or the need for premium gas, but the combination of both (you *can* run regular gas in the current motors but lose about 80 ft/lb of peak torque...) does make me a little uneasy in the wallet muscle.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    20211111_092357.jpg
    Installed the rails on Monday. The steps give my wife easier access into the truck. Installed in less than an hour.

Picked up a 10" drop hitch adapter at RK for towing my cargo trailer. These new Rangers are a lot bigger and taller than the older Rangers. Reminds me of the old F-100.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    View attachment 167563
    Installed the rails on Monday. The steps give my wife easier access into the truck. Installed in less than an hour.

Picked up a 10" drop hitch adapter at RK for towing my cargo trailer. These new Rangers are a lot bigger and taller than the older Rangers. Reminds me of the old F-100.

I dig the color. I'm really hoping they bring the PHEV Ranger to the US, which would also probably mean a PHEV Bronco. The combined power rating on those is insane for a mid-size truck. I just find the concept of being able to embarrass many muscle cars in a Ranger to be hilarious.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I dig the color. I'm really hoping they bring the PHEV Ranger to the US, which would also probably mean a PHEV Bronco. The combined power rating on those is insane for a mid-size truck. I just find the concept of being able to embarrass many muscle cars in a Ranger to be hilarious.
    Wife picked out the color. I wanted blue but we have always owned silver or blue cars. This is Ford Racing Red and it does look good.

Thinking about painting the wheels black to match the trim.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wife picked out the color. I wanted blue but we have always owned silver or blue cars. This is Ford Racing Red and it does look good.

Thinking about painting the wheels black to match the trim.

The "antimatter blue" Ford uses is one of my favorites. I forget the name of the lighter blue, but it's really nice as well.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    View attachment 167563

It is funny/fascinating to watch how it all goes full circle. Reminds me of how the tractor manufacturers just kept building bigger and bigger, like no one on the planet needed a real tractor (not a lawn mower) at 25 hp. (Which was the hp my father started his farm with.)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The Scout was the original, everything else was a copy from it.

Willys would probably dispute that.

I had a IHC Scout II, but I rolled it when a trailer I was pulling broke an axle. The money a Scout pulls in today is ridiculous, I was absolutely shocked at how much they had appreciated in 20 years. I get they are rare, especially running, but silly money for one.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    The Ford dealership in Fishers got 4 or 5 of them in the other day. I stopped by and checked them out. Cool little pickups.
    thanks for the heads up - I didn't think these were shipping yet. I checked Andy Mohr in Plainfield has one, an AWD 2.0 XL. Window sticker says $26515, but their website says $31,515. I guess that's a $5k "market adjustment." So, 19% over sticker for a trucklet? I'll pass, thanks.

Considering all the driving I've been doing lately, I'm seriously considering one of those hybrid trucklets to replace my trusty, not rusty, but thirsty '99 Tacoma. When I walked or took the L everywhere in Chicago, the mpg didn't bother me - I averaged 2k miles/year at that time! A little bit different here in Franklin Township. Drive drive drive everywhere. 40mpg would be a welcome change of pace. Plus my kids are too tall now to comfortably fit in the back "seats." That little bed on the Maverick is sufficient for my Home Depot runs, and I have no, ahem, masculinity issues to make up for with anything bigger.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    thanks for the heads up - I didn't think these were shipping yet. I checked Andy Mohr in Plainfield has one, an AWD 2.0 XL. Window sticker says $26515, but their website says $31,515. I guess that's a $5k "market adjustment." So, 19% over sticker for a trucklet? I'll pass, thanks.

Considering all the driving I've been doing lately, I'm seriously considering one of those hybrid trucklets to replace my trusty, not rusty, but thirsty '99 Tacoma. When I walked or took the L everywhere in Chicago, the mpg didn't bother me - I averaged 2k miles/year at that time! A little bit different here in Franklin Township. Drive drive drive everywhere. 40mpg would be a welcome change of pace. Plus my kids are too tall now to comfortably fit in the back "seats." That little bed on the Maverick is sufficient for my Home Depot runs, and I have no, ahem, masculinity issues to make up for with anything bigger.

I was serously looking at a Maverick before I decided on the Ranger. The base model Maverick came with everything I wanted except cruise control. I had to step to the next level for $4k more to get it. At that point, the Ranger was cheaper.

I do like the Maverick hybrid. When it comes time to replace my wife's car, that may be our next vehicle.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Now is a bad time to buy, but if you absolutely have to then *order* the vehicle you want instead of buying off the lot. Ordered vehicles do not count against a dealer's allotment but they still get credit for the sale. Shop around dealers and you should be able to get invoice or under pricing on anything but the hottest vehicles. Just be prepared to wait a couple months for your vehicle to be built and shipped. Ordered vehicles get priority over unsold builds.

It's a crazy time in the market right now. If I'm willing to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery I can buy a new vehicle CHEAPER than a 2-3 year old used vehicle in many cases.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Now is a bad time to buy, but if you absolutely have to then *order* the vehicle you want instead of buying off the lot. Ordered vehicles do not count against a dealer's allotment but they still get credit for the sale. Shop around dealers and you should be able to get invoice or under pricing on anything but the hottest vehicles. Just be prepared to wait a couple months for your vehicle to be built and shipped. Ordered vehicles get priority over unsold builds.

It's a crazy time in the market right now. If I'm willing to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery I can buy a new vehicle CHEAPER than a 2-3 year old used vehicle in many cases.
    This is what the salesman told us when we ordered our Ranger. Glad we waited 70 days to take delivery. Saved us a lot of money.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Now is a bad time to buy, but if you absolutely have to then *order* the vehicle you want instead of buying off the lot. Ordered vehicles do not count against a dealer's allotment but they still get credit for the sale. Shop around dealers and you should be able to get invoice or under pricing on anything but the hottest vehicles. Just be prepared to wait a couple months for your vehicle to be built and shipped. Ordered vehicles get priority over unsold builds.It's a crazy time in the market right now. If I'm willing to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery I can buy a new vehicle CHEAPER than a 2-3 year old used vehicle in many cases.

yeah i’ve had the advantage of learning a lot about car sales, by osmosis at least. My dad was in the business for 40 years or so. I have a fair idea about how that market works. And I know a Ford guy or two.

Speaking of used car values though, we have a loaded ‘21 Palisade that is a year old. I stay in touch with what is going on in that community (having a Hyundai store GM as a neighbor helps ;) ) and the money that people are paying for that car *used* is shocking. I chatted with a guy who sold his ‘20 to carvana for as much as he paid for it new.

Crazy times in car sales indeed.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think I saw one of the new Mavericks in Greenfield yesterday, looks like a nice truck, a little lower than I'd like but would probably do anything I needed to do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

And he STILL doesn’t have the one he ordered! They told him it would be delivered months ago now. They can’t seem to find it. I suspect they sold his.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And he STILL doesn’t have the one he ordered! They told him it would be delivered months ago now. They can’t seem to find it. I suspect they sold his.

Imagine the temptation of a dealer. Guy ordered a Bronco at MSRP, when it comes in dealer could sell for $25k more. Wow! What a temptation!

I once was trying to find a waterfront hotel on the Atlantic over Fourth of July, a total of 5 days on July third. (I was at the counter at 8am) Hotels we’re all booked out. Went into a pretty nice major brand was told they were booked, the clerk then spent 15 minutes trying to even work it out with us moving rooms a couple of times to no avail. The clerk said he wanted to talk to the manager and for us to wait, he was gone like 20 minutes but when he returned he said he had a room for us and we could even check in right then.

When I got home I told the story to a hotel executive friend. He’s said they booted a two night customer to get a five night customer. Point being it is done in other business

Top Bottom