• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    M-1 Garand, age 10, from a picnic table, next thing I knew I was flat on my back on the ground, rifle on top of me, ringing ears, and people laughing at me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    First gun I shot was a Mossberg bolt action .410. Loved that little gun. Next was Dad's old Stevens double barrel 12 gauge, which I still have.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I would go to summer camp, for 1-2 weeks, every summer from age 8 to 13 - in the good ol' Blue Ridge mountains of South Carolina. There were lots of competitions and games etc and along with obstacle courses, lazy rivers (real ones)...they have a really nice outdoor rifle range with a dozen stalls/lanes. Each lane was equipped with a gorgeous Marlin model 60 (and of course eye, ear protection...lots of .22lr). I looked forward to those shooting sessions every year as I had no family members who owned any firearms. For my first times shooting...I wasn't bad...although the good old Marlins were probably a lot more accurate than I was!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I think it was a .22 chipmunk when i was just a couple years old. It was my brothers first gun and he gave it to me when he got his NEF 12ga fast forward a few years and it was also the first gun my sister shot I tried to give it to her but she didn't want it so i put it back for just in case i have kids.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Long gun: Stevens bolt-action, magazine fed .22 OR a Stevens Crackshot in .25 Stevens (both were on the "firing line", the dump of my greatgrandfather's farm in Sullivan County), I do not remember which was first, I was 5.

Handgun: .32 top break, maybe H&R. 5th grade during Spring Break in Kane, Pennsyvlania.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I don't remember how old I was... maybe 12 or 13. I remember the gun well. It was a Winchester model 97 12 ga. My brother-in-law and his dad thought it would be funny to load it with a deer slug. I hit the coffee can, and turned with a big smile. I think they expected something else. It wasn't long after that, they started taking me deer hunting with them.

jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My grandfather taught me to shoot and when he passed he left me all three of the guns I first shot.

A Marlin A-1 22 S,L,LR which was the first gun I ever shot.

A 1953 16ga Belgium Brown A5 which was the first shotgun I ever shot and which goes out at least once a season to hunt squirrels like my grandfather used to.

And a Remington 743 Woodsmaster, the first center fire rifle I shot.

Jim

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I had a similiar experience this year. My dad passed away from cancer and a bunch of old pictures were pulled out for the funeral. One was of me, him, and my grandpa as I was pulling the trigger for the first time on an old .410

I am sure I fired a .22 of some kind, but the one I remember, is the .410 shotgun .....

First gun I shot was a Mossberg bolt action .410. Loved that little gun. Next was Dad's old Stevens double barrel 12 gauge, which I still have.

Savage 22 over 410 that my great grandfather won on some game show back in the day

First gun I ever shot was our .410 as well. We still have it and use it. No idea of the model or anything.

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    When I was a kid, I would sneak my Dad's 22 out of the house and shoot rats in the barn.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    At age 6 my uncle handed me a double barrel 12 gauge shotgun and had me fire both barrels at once. I managed to stay on my feet, and despite the pain in my shoulder, I was hooked on firearms for their sheer power.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    Glenfield/ marlin model 60 22lr i was 7 still have the gun today my grandfater taught my dad to shoot with it my dad I and recently got my boys started with it they arent quite trust worthy yet but they sit on my lap and we load one at a time with it some say i started to early because they are 4 & 5 but i love hearing them ask me if we can go to the range makes my day

Top Bottom