• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are some idiots (or willfully ignorant) who believe that Wilson stood at the door of his SUV and fired on Brown from there. First of all: the evidence (locations of shell casings) disproves that idea. Second: after just getting his head bashed and having his gun discharge twice inside his vehicle, Wilson would have to be some kind of crack sharpshooter to hit Brown 6 or 7 times from 50 yards with a handgun, what with the physical duress, vision and equilibrium impairment he would have been under at that point.

Bennnet just discussing here but am at odds at one thing you stated. First, I whole heartedly support Wilson, but must point out something with your statement 50 yard. 50 yards is really not that far and is well within the effectiveness of any standard handgun cartridges. Even Indiana as well as several other states use to (some agencies within the state still mandate it) use to require a stage during the handgun qualification course. While it is a moot point as the supposedly evidence shows otherwise 50 yards and 6 hits is not just a sharpshooter ability cracked head or not, aka that fight or flight response.

I truly believe the Grand Jury will say charges are not warranted which is good but my fear is the Feds will interfere and try and paint some kind of civil rights violation which as in the Rodney King trail would not be double jeopardy. The FED's are good at that I work for them. Even Tim McViegh was only convicted of 8 counts of murder (as well as terrorist/WMD charges) The GOV did that because they were concerned of an acquittal because of the high militia sympathizers. This way they had 160 other counts of murder they could charge him with and it wasn't Double Jeopardy.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Bennnet just discussing here but am at odds at one thing you stated. First, I whole heartedly support Wilson, but must point out something with your statement 50 yard. 50 yards is really not that far and is well within the effectiveness of any standard handgun cartridges. Even Indiana as well as several other states use to (some agencies within the state still mandate it) use to require a stage during the handgun qualification course. While it is a moot point as the supposedly evidence shows otherwise 50 yards and 6 hits is not just a sharpshooter ability cracked head or not, aka that fight or flight response.

I truly believe the Grand Jury will say charges are not warranted which is good but my fear is the Feds will interfere and try and paint some kind of civil rights violation which as in the Rodney King trail would not be double jeopardy. The FED's are good at that I work for them. Even Tim McViegh was only convicted of 8 counts of murder (as well as terrorist/WMD charges) The GOV did that because they were concerned of an acquittal because of the high militia sympathizers. This way they had 160 other counts of murder they could charge him with and it wasn't Double Jeopardy.

So, the average shooter can endure getting assaulted and punched in the head (suffering damage around the eye, as evidenced by the pictures of blood running down his face) by a 6'4, 290 lb "My Fists My Ammunition" thug, then have the firearm discharge twice inside the vehicle, and still be able to pop off 10-12 rounds in a matter of seconds, at a moving target, and hit that target 6-7 times, including a head shot?

I'm not buying that.

The average hit rate for police officers is about 25%, and that's not even under the kind of duress Wilson was under, or at the alleged distance.

Regardless, the shell casings prove that Wilson was within 10-15 feet of Brown, and backtracking.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So, the average shooter can endure getting assaulted and punched in the head (suffering damage around the eye, as evidenced by the pictures of blood running down his face) by a 6'4, 290 lb "My Fists My Ammunition" thug, then have the firearm discharge twice inside the vehicle, and still be able to pop off 10-12 rounds in a matter of seconds, at a moving target, and hit that target 6-7 times, including a head shot?

I'm not buying that.

The average hit rate for police officers is about 25%, and that's not even under the kind of duress Wilson was under, or at the alleged distance.

Regardless, the shell casings prove that Wilson was within 10-15 feet of Brown, and backtracking.

While even the most expert marksman has a 19-21 hit probability in a gun fight those stats increase as the range increases (within reason) When an attack happens up close it has been discovered that most people focus on the threat and not the sight whoch is why even in simmunition training there are a lot of hits to the hand/weapon lower stomach area. The farther the range increases tp 20-25-50 yards people tend to settle down and use their front sights because the fight or flight isn't as apparent.

You can believe what you want but I've been involved in LE of some kind for 28 years and am a Lead Firearms instructor on the Federal side and get re-certified at Glynco GA every 3 years and teach a ton of folks so I know a little bit about it. I have also worked for 2 municipal police agencies one of which was in Indiana.

My point is you or me or anyone here do not know what Wilsons abilities were but to say in a blanket statement that there is no way that good hits could happen at 50 yards is not an accurate (no pun intended) statement, people and particularly first responders perform with serious injuries every day.

Respectfully, Shooter

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My point is you or me or anyone here do not know what Wilsons abilities were but to say in a blanket statement that there is no way that good hits could happen at 50 yards is not an accurate (no pun intended) statement, people and particularly first responders perform with serious injuries every day.

Respectfully, Shooter

I think Wilson proved his marksmanship, regardless of the range. But this is interesting:

When an attack happens up close it has been discovered that most people focus on the threat and not the sight whoch is why even in simmunition training there are a lot of hits to the hand/weapon lower stomach area.

That even further corroborates that Brown was close to Wilson when Wilson was shooting.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Cop shot a dirtbag.
    I don't get why this is still an issue. If the cop was black, would this be happening? :dunno:

If the store owner had just blown him away earlier, it would have saved everyone a ton of money.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Cop shot a dirtbag.
    I still don't get why this is still an issue. If the cop was black, would this be happening? :dunno:

If the store owner had just blown him away earlier, it would have everyone a ton of money.

It's an issue because multiple people with multiple agendas are using it to further those agendas.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That even further corroborates that Brown was close to Wilson when Wilson was shooting.

Wasn't disagreeing with you on Wilson and stated I feel he was justified, just adding that the 50 yard ability can and does happen and shouldn't be discounted.

Cop shot a dirtbag.
    I still don't get why this is still an issue. If the cop was black, would this be happening? :dunno:

If the store owner had just blown him away earlier, it would have everyone a ton of money.

Any LE or civilian shooting becomes an issue for 2 reasons. 1 people are for crime control until a relative gets arrested or incarcerated then they are an activists for Police and Prison reform, and 2 with liberals pushing an agenda. What should get called is the groups that flew Browns Father and Step Mother (his real mother couldn't go being arrested after his killing for theft) to the Hague to testify to the UN like we have an environment like South Africa did in the 1980's. Some want to use this and cases like this to legislate not only the police but everyone form being able to use deadly force.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are some idiots (or willfully ignorant) who believe that Wilson stood at the door of his SUV and fired on Brown from there. First of all: the evidence (locations of shell casings) disproves that idea. Second: after just getting his head bashed and having his gun discharge twice inside his vehicle, Wilson would have to be some kind of crack sharpshooter to hit Brown 6 or 7 times from 50 yards with a handgun, what with the physical duress, vision and equilibrium impairment he would have been under at that point.

I'm not buying that.

Yep. I dont recall which training it was, but the term "One mag, one kill" was thrown out as a real world interpretation of what happens in a gunfight when the adrenaline kicks in. Your accuracy goes out the window.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yep. I dont recall which training it was, but the term "One mag, one kill" was thrown out as a real world interpretation of what happens in a gunfight when the adrenaline kicks in. Your accuracy goes out the window.

That actually has to do with the way LE training changed. In the late 1980's when the auto's took over there was several failures with the first generation of 9mm rounds (which have since been corrected by the ammo companies) but the training doctrine went from shoot 2 and reassess to "shoot til the threat goes away or down". A lot of hyped up bad guys seemed to not go down right away like in the old 357 mag days.
    Thats why n a lot of shootings with multiple Police there are 40 or so rounds fired (remember the case in NY city several years ago by the immigrant with the wallet and 4 Officers)

Now LE training is starting to go back a little the other way and away from ballistic masturbation, for some agencies anyway.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    A lot of agencies still teach to shoot until the suspect is down and doing it any other way is foolish. Even if they didn't teach it there would still be mag dumps when adrenaline takes over its all out whether its a gun, knife, or fists you are fighting to win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom