• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    My dad is (was) a holder of a federal handgun/firearms permit. (the cool one that lets you carry in federal buildings/airplanes/...everywhere) They are issued to some members of the military/federal LEs/and private security firms. My dad got the lifetime for some of the work he did in the air force and was able to keep it after he got out.

Well today two FBI agents showed up to his desk at work and informed him that by executive order his and all retired/ex military member's federal permits are revoked.

Last edited:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky

They stoped making them a while back and went with a per agency ID system. But all the folks who already had the lifetimes were grandfathered in.

well untill today.

My dad isn't to pissed he lost the permit. He's pissed that to armed thugs were sent to his place of employment to do it.

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN

is/was he an air marshall? i have never heard of a universal permit, issued by the g'ment, like that. not to say there ISN'T.

i was under the impression AMs where/are the only ones aboard aircrafts who could carry. unless the airline saw fit to arm their pilots (a smart move.... but a dumb world.).

if you can't divulge the info, i understand.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is what our tax dollars are being used for?? oy, I guess I shouldn't be shocked, eh?

Is this somehow related?
    Director of ATF May Now Deny, Suspend, or Revoke Federal Firearms Licenses
    WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The Department of Justice is amending the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to delegate to the Director of ATF the authority to serve as the deciding official regarding the denial, suspension, or revocation of federal firearms licenses, or the imposition of a civil fine.
    The director will have the flexibility to delegate to another ATF official the authority to decide a revocation or denial matter, or may exercise that authority himself.
    Whenever the Director of Industry Operations (DIO) has reason to believe that an applicant is not qualified to receive a license, he may issue a notice of denial on ATF Form 4498 to the applicant. The notice will set forth the matters of fact and law relied upon in determining that the application should be denied, and will afford the applicant 15 days from the date of receipt of the notice in which to request a hearing to review the denial.
    If no request for a hearing is filed within such time, the application will be disapproved.
    An applicant who has been denied an original or renewal license can file a request with the DIO for a hearing to review the denial of the application. On conclusion of the hearing and after consideration of all relevant facts and circumstances presented by the applicant or his representative, the DIO renders a decision confirming or reversing the denial of the application.

EDIT: Probably not, I re-read it, it is referring to the FFL, sorry.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    How long ago is " a while back"? My father is an actual federal law enforcement officer, and has been for nearly 20 years, and he's never had a "permit", nor from our previous phone conversation has he ever even heard of one? Again, a prior poster laid out the actual ATF verbage saying that one does not exist at the fed level. Each Fed LEO carries on his Badge and Agency Creds, and always has. The Army actually used to have a DD or DA Form that if signed by a General Officer allowed concealed carry in the performance of military duties, but you didn't keep it when you left the service. HR218 would allow a current or retired LEO to carry on his retiree creds, after agency approval and qualification, but???

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    doesnt (didnt, being past tense) ted nugent (the musician) also have one of these licenses?

I believe you are correct.

Actually I don't think so. uncle Ted is a deputy in his local county in Michigan. As I understand it he has a legit badge as well as all the rights/privledges/responsibilities that it carries. Just like any other officer in the country.

Greg

Found what I was looking for:
    He has been a special deputy sheriff in Lake County, Michigan, since 1982 and he also has been a reserve deputy constable in McLennan County, Texas.

Ted Nugent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Actually I don't think so. uncle Ted is a deputy in his local county in Michigan. As I understand it he has a legit badge as well as all the rights/privledges/responsibilities that it carries. Just like any other officer in the country.

Greg

Found what I was looking for:
    He has been a special deputy sheriff in Lake County, Michigan, since 1982 and he also has been a reserve deputy constable in McLennan County, Texas.

Ted Nugent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NVM, nothing to see here, move along...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom