• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How can I help him??

Go to Colorado, buy him a bale, and lock him in a room with no windows with Al Gore. Given that their grasp of science is about equal, between the two of them, they will either unite in pseudo-science fantasy or else solve the world's problems in their own minds, all while leaving everyone else alone.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    That guy would be a perfect fit where I work! We have a guy who claims his neighbor broke into his house and installed software on his computer that allows the local illuminati representative, who happens to be a cab driver who steals bicycles, to spy on him.

Not wired according to code huh?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You did bring to my recollection another flat-worlder. Paul Kruger, president of the Transvaal Republic was a committed believer that the earth was indeed flat, as was emphasized when Joshua Slocum made his circumnavigation aboard the sailboat Spray. Upon declaring the purpose of his voyage, Oom Paul explained to Slocum that he was travelling THROUGH not AROUND the world, as it was flat based on his interpretation of scripture. For what it's worth, I never studied up on what passage(s) Kruger held to establish that the world is flat given that I have never found anything that would lead me to such a conclusion.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There is an observance in Psych where someone will adapt an unconventional way of thinking just to have the attention of controversy. Like a bored child picking on his little sister to get attention.
    What does the guy have going on in his life? If his life is very dull and unrewarding, an alternate life in controversy/fantasy may be a semi harmless way to coping. Of course the next step down the trail is the kind of mental illness that Hoosierdoc brought up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There is an observance in Psych where someone will adapt an unconventional way of thinking just to have the attention of controversy. Like a bored child picking on his little sister to get attention.
    What does the guy have going on in his life? If his life is very dull and unrewarding, an alternate life in controversy/fantasy may be a semi harmless way to coping.

You just called out 30% of INGO :):

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So a friend of mine is on these kick as of late that the earth is flat.
    He's 48 years old, fairly intelligent, but also a former and sometimes present pot smoker:rockwoot:He also claims that we have not gone to the moon, that the moon and the sun are the same size, and that there is this firmament layer about 12km above the earth that we can not even penetrate.
    How can I help him??
    Find out where he gets his pot please.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So a friend of mine is on these kick as of late that the earth is flat.
    He's 48 years old, fairly intelligent, but also a former and sometimes present pot smoker:rockwoot:He also claims that we have not gone to the moon, that the moon and the sun are the same size, and that there is this firmament layer about 12km above the earth that we can not even penetrate.
    How can I help him??

Tell him he's correct. It is turtles all the way down.

Then make him listen to this:

[video=youtube;FrG4TEcSuRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg[/video]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You just called out 30% of INGO :):

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? YOU SAY THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS WONDERFUL FORUM THAT JUST WANT TO START A FIGHT? HOW DARE YOU SIR. THIS IS A FAMILY COMMUNITY, NOT SOME RUN OF THE MILL INTERWEB CHAT FORUM.

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU LIVE IN A FALSE WORLD MY FRIEND. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE KIND SIR.

AND IF YOU DON'T, someone might buy you a cheeseburger.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]from my work... has to be true.. its on the internet. BONJOUR:D

5. Science Seminar - "How Can We Tell that the Earth is Round?" by Dr. David Constantine – Nov. 30
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Science Seminar MONDAY 4:00 – EULER 109[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]
    attachment.ashx
    [/FONT]

Top Bottom