• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It seems like you're saying it's OK for everyone to lie because Trumps lied.

...and frankly, I was waiting for that.

Well, if it seems that way, let me correct you. I'm not convinced Harris lied.
    Question counselor, is something stated inaccurately a lie in all instances? For instance, when Palin was asked what newspapers she read, she stated "all of them." I personally didn't take that as being a lie, but an inaccurate portrayal meant to convey that she read a lot of newspapers. By your standard, she's a liar. I would disagree.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There is a middle ground in which she told the truth about getting high to Tupac and Snoop, while also true that she had gotten high earlier in her life, just not to that music.

The issue then becomes, though, when she was getting high to Tupac, she was probably also a prosecutor. That's an awkward thing to defend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The contrast in the the silly woman's speech pattern is something I haven't heard spoke of much. That giggly nervous manner as she speaks of burning one is surely an indicator of something, right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The contrast in the the silly woman's speech pattern is something I haven't heard spoke of much. That giggly nervous manner as she speaks of burning one is surely an indicator of something, right?

Ok, this is valid. I've actually noticed that too. She seems uncomfortable in her own skin.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There is a middle ground in which she told the truth about getting high to Tupac and Snoop, while also true that she had gotten high earlier in her life, just not to that music.

The issue then becomes, though, when she was getting high to Tupac, she was probably also a prosecutor. That's an awkward thing to defend.

^^^This^^^ I saw that posited today in a news site comment section.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    it was the thing i said in my first post about it...

giphy.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I do find interesting is that those that support the current administration, seem very eager to call Harris a liar, over this, when they can't seem to call out the other guys lies. I assume they either can't keep up, don't think it all that important, or they actually believe them.
    For instance:
    -How much has the wall Trump built? Hint: using whole numbers, it's less than 1
    -Did crime start going down in El Paso after their wall was built? Hint: It's the opposite of "yes."
    -Is Mexico paying for a wall? Hint: Only if most US citizens hold dual-citizenship with Mexico
    -Is Russia is unhappy about the US leaving Syria? Hint: Putin may be playing 4D chess when he applauded the move
    -Has the president released his tax returns? Hint: They're coming, when? Well we can't say for sure.
    Harris is a liar. Trump is a liar.

Anything else?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Awkwardly, he may be considered the centrist choice on the dais.
    Let me finish that for you...

And therefore unable to win.

You have to go full bat**** crazy to win a Democratic primary. Expect Bernie to pull out all the progressive stops. It's a race to the fringe.

Given that Bernie, being an old, fairly wealthy, very white, somewhat male, candidate, he doesn't have the intersectional points. I mean. Kamala can just stand in front of a lectern and be seen. She doens't even have to speak. Just display her intersections. Well. Except. She kinda has a white husband. So that has apparently caused a blemish in her blackness cred. Probably why she had to lie about listening to rappers in college who weren't even known yet at the time.

Even so. Bernie can't compete with all Kamala's intersections, even with the one tied behind her back. So he's gonna have to dial up his progressive bonafides to 11.3 on a 10 point scale. I dunno. Maybe we'll see a completely different Bernie. Maybe we'll see him punch a nazi at a rally. That could earn him the all important Antifa endorsement, but it would have to be staged so that they could make sure he doesn't have a stroke or something.

Maybe he should stay with less physical bonafides. He could start handing out Throwable Bernie Bike Locks with his picture embossed on the front. Maybe roll the cameras while he stands in the middle of a busy Portland intersection telling white people they can't use certain streets. Here's a good one. He could hire a couple of Nigerian bros to...wait. That one's taken. Anyway, point is, he's got to get his bat**** crazy cred up to a level where it can erase enough of his negative intersections and privilege to play on the same stage with the candidates with several identity intersections.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Doesn't having kept the hammer and sickle shiny during the 70 years of the Reds wandering in the desert get him some points?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doesn't having kept the hammer and sickle shiny during the 70 years of the Reds wandering in the desert get him some points?

Nah. How many intersections do you have? If you're a democrat running for POTUS, that matters. What have you done lately to signal your bat**** craziness? Have you actually punched a nazi? If you don't have anything to show for the first one, you better crank up the volume on the second.

Of course, Bernie could claim that he identifies as a woman who cross-dresses with male clothes. That could work.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Let me finish that for you...

And therefore unable to win.

You have to go full bat**** crazy to win a Democratic primary. Expect Bernie to pull out all the progressive stops. It's a race to the fringe.

Given that Bernie, being an old, fairly wealthy, very white, somewhat male, candidate, he doesn't have the intersectional points. I mean. Kamala can just stand in front of a lectern and be seen. She doens't even have to speak. Just display her intersections. Well. Except. She kinda has a white husband. So that has apparently caused a blemish in her blackness cred. Probably why she had to lie about listening to rappers in college who weren't even known yet at the time.

Even so. Bernie can't compete with all Kamala's intersections, even with the one tied behind her back. So he's gonna have to dial up his progressive bonafides to 11.3 on a 10 point scale. I dunno. Maybe we'll see a completely different Bernie. Maybe we'll see him punch a nazi at a rally. That could earn him the all important Antifa endorsement, but it would have to be staged so that they could make sure he doesn't have a stroke or something.

Maybe he should stay with less physical bonafides. He could start handing out Throwable Bernie Bike Locks with his picture embossed on the front. Maybe roll the cameras while he stands in the middle of a busy Portland intersection telling white people they can't use certain streets. Here's a good one. He could hire a couple of Nigerian bros to...wait. That one's taken. Anyway, point is, he's got to get his bat**** crazy cred up to a level where it can erase enough of his negative intersections and privilege to play on the same stage with the candidates with several identity intersections.

Ahem...:)

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

Any idea how being the descendant of slave owners intersects with being a prosecutor with a reputation for being particularly tough on black people?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom