• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I would've guessed a Subaru of some sort with the requisite Obama, Coexist, War is not the answer, etc bumper stickers on the back.

I would have guessed some sort of four door Buick that had recently ran over some little girls kitten because she needed to be taught a lesson about being a responsible pet owner.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait. You’re voting for Biden?? :n00b:

At this point, I have no idea who I'll vote for. If I vote at all. :(

The good news for INGO is that I don't see Indiana going blue this cycle. So, my vote doesn't really matter either way. I can conscientiously object to both parties, safe in the knowledge that the result isn't depending on me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

The good news for INGO is that I don't see Indiana going blue this cycle. So, my vote doesn't really matter either way. I can conscientiously object to both parties, safe in the knowledge that the result isn't depending on me.
    Pretty sure that's what the Michigan would-be Hillary voters thought last election too.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pretty sure that's what the Michigan would-be Hillary voters thought last election too.

I don't think the numbers support that.

The Dem primary had 1.25M votes, and Bernie won.

If you'd posited that the Bernie voters stayed home, I probably would've agreed.

But, in the general, Trump won with 2.279M votes, and HRC got 2.268M votes. Trump only won by ~11k votes. And both candidates doubled up the Dem primary. (Only 1.3M voters in the Republican primary, which Trump won.)

Michigan bought in on Trump's messaging, for the most part.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think the numbers support that.

The Dem primary had 1.25M votes, and Bernie won.

If you'd posited that the Bernie voters stayed home, I probably would've agreed.

But, in the general, Trump won with 2.279M votes, and HRC got 2.268M votes. Trump only won by ~11k votes. And both candidates doubled up the Dem primary. (Only 1.3M voters in the Republican primary, which Trump won.)

Michigan bought in on Trump's messaging, for the most part.

That was my point. It was close (11K votes). I don't think anybody thought Michigan would go red, including Hillary. And yet, it did.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Dude...
    Your vote matters.

Every vote matters. It's what make America..... America. Exercising our rights and freedoms with a constitutional democratic election. It just warms my heart to see the turn out when the elections are going on. Americans of all ages and all different beliefs all coming together to show their support.

So get out there and vote because your vote does matter. :patriot:

.......unless you're voting for Biden. Then stay the **** home ya traitor.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That was my point. It was close (11K votes). I don't think anybody thought Michigan would go red, including Hillary. And yet, it did.

Ah, well, I don't think anyone in MI stayed home - especially the Dems. Part of me wonders if Bernie supporters voted Trump, just as a giant F-U. And every one of those votes mattered.

Dude...
    Your vote matters.

Every vote matters. It's what make America..... America. Exercising our rights and freedoms with a constitutional democratic election. It just warms my heart to see the turn out when the elections are going on. Americans of all ages and all different beliefs showing up together and showing their support.

So get out there and vote because your vote does matter. :patriot:

.......unless you're voting for Biden. Then stay the **** home ya traitor.

HA

Well, ultimately the issue is whether I think there's any real difference. Sure, different flavors of ****, but it is still ****.

If I don't think either candidate represents anything better for the country than the other, then I won't vote for that office.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If I don't think either candidate represents anything better for the country than the other, then I won't vote for that office.

Are you for or against gun control and gun confiscation?
    And gun control includes magazine capacity limits, red-flag laws, more red tape laws, etc.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is there something against Tundras in here too?
    I’m finding more and more common ground with Alpo all the time.
    I don’t have a problem with Tundras. They’re very reliable, last forever and are assembled with American labor. I would have bought one last year when it was time for a new Truck, but I ended up with something different for various reasons.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Are you kidding? You don't see a difference? That boggles the mind.

Yes, the down ballot will also be very important.

I didn't say there's no difference. They (Biden, Bernie and Trump) all appear to be some level of anti-2A. Different tactics and intensity, but that's it.

I am not a single-issue voter. But, 2A is very important to me. I refuse to hold my nose and vote for the least anti-2A candidate while ignoring all else.

YMMV.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ah, well, I don't think anyone in MI stayed home - especially the Dems. Part of me wonders if Bernie supporters voted Trump, just as a giant F-U. And every one of those votes mattered.

HA

Well, ultimately the issue is whether I think there's any real difference. Sure, different flavors of ****, but it is still ****.

giphy.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I didn't say there's no difference. They (Biden, Bernie and Trump) all appear to be some level of anti-2A. Different tactics and intensity, but that's it.

I am not a single-issue voter. But, 2A is very important to me. I refuse to hold my nose and vote for the least anti-2A candidate while ignoring all else.

YMMV.

That single issue voter thing is a misnomer.

Gun control should not even be an issue. Every single candidate for the leadership of this country should respect every single part of the constitution and every amendment. Then we would be able to differentiate the candidates based on the issues. However when any candidate does not respect every part of the constitution that candidate should not even be considered for the leader of this country.

When there are candidates that are so far removed from respecting the constitution, they should be removed from consideration before comparing the remaining candidates and considering the issues.

That is not the same as single-issue. That is just removing candidates that are incompatible with our constitution before considering the issues.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That single issue voter thing is a misnomer.

Gun control should not even be an issue. Every single candidate for the leadership of this country should respect every single part of the constitution and every amendment. Then we would be able to differentiate the candidates based on the issues. However when any candidate does not respect every part of the constitution that candidate should not even be considered for the leader of this country.

When there are candidates that are so far removed from respecting the constitution, they should be removed from consideration before comparing the remaining candidates and considering the issues.

That is not the same as single-issue. That is just removing candidates that are incompatible with our constitution before considering the issues.

Back to reality, we all filter the issues through the sieve of our own viewpoint when we vote.

Vote for Trump if he embodies the viewpoint you want to elect on the issues important to you. Many others will, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom