• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah...see....that's the thing. You've been given facts which you refuse to see. So, if there is something in your head that you want others to get.....I'm pretty certain you don't have enough watts.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Yeah...see....that's the thing. You've been given facts which you refuse to see. So, if there is something in your head that you want others to get.....I'm pretty certain you don't have enough watts.

From the guy white knighting due a sarcastic comment. Rock on, Charles Emerson.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I really REALLY dislike F. Chuck Todd, but I did happen to catch a little of MTP. They were showing via graphics a variety of ways in which Biden's victories on Super Tuesday were supported by greater turnout across different demographics. At least 1 place had a nearly double voter turnout than 2016.

Of course, completely left out of the analysis was that the 2016 cycle had primaries for both parties - so people had to self-select which one to vote in. This time, the Dem primary was the only game in town. So, that will stilt things badly. (Granted, going back to 2008 may not have been very helpful either.)

Anyway, beyond the obvious minority-turnout increase, it looks like some historically suburban-Republican counties had high turnout. That could be a faultline in the coalition that elected Trump in 2016. Political people will tell you that primary voters usually tend to vote the same way in the general, or stay home. Having pulled the lever/pushed the button for a candidate once, it is easier to do it again.

Taken together, voters who either stayed home in 2016 or voted for Trump in order to shake things up, may not be as willing to do so in 2020.

For Trump, this may not be the done deal that we all expect.

Are you allowing for people like me that voted for creepy joe in the primary but sure as hell won't in the election?

I did that because burny is a communist and creepy joe is funny.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I can't wait for creepy joe in debates. Like Sky News says - "There is not enough popcorn in the world".
    What are the dumocraps gonna do when he is asked about economics and he starts talking about raising chickens in his armpits.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Joe has a lot going for him without the economy tanking:

He is not Trump.

Don't forget that. You read it here first: He is not Trump.

Secondarily, if you believe people won't vote against a sitting president if the economy is running well, then you should also agree that an economy that tanks for any reason will be blamed on a sitting president.

Trump won't get a pass by blaming democrats or Pence. He owns the economy....whether justified or not.

Avon closing all schools until March 20 after 2 possible cases of COVID-19

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Joe could phone in his remarks and win if the markets keep tanking and the virus spreads.

Trump is toast if this continues.

But if the market is off by 40%, doesn't that mean taxes will have to go to (70 x 10/6) 116.7% to pay for all the free ****? Even for those dumb enough to believe only the wealthy will pay for the free ****, don't you now need 2/3 more wealthy people?

You'd think you would be wanting the market to do well so you can buy enough votes to get the brass ring

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Secondarily, if you believe people won't vote against a sitting president if the economy is running well, then you should also agree that an economy that tanks for any reason will be blamed on a sitting president.

Just ask GHWB. An economy that was perceived to be doing poorly equated to a 1 term Republican getting unelected by a middling Democrat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom