Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well all the pesky guns will be gone!

Then a super nanny state will take over with extreme restrictions on types of food and such.

Mini Mikes America is not a fun place but I am sure a boring little dude will earn respect among dictators and European predators all 5ft 3in of his boring self.

I just do do not get the whole Trump is Hitler/dictator thing. Trump never even suggested he had the power to tell a citizen what size drink they could buy. Has never tried to take away a right of the people explicitly outlined in the constitution like arms, and freedom from unwarranted searches. All that is dictator stuff Bloomberg has perpetrated.

To those that disagree, please post specific examples of Trump acting as a dictator of the people...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I just do do not get the whole Trump is Hitler/dictator thing. Trump never even suggested he had the power to tell a citizen what size drink they could buy. Has never tried to take away a right of the people explicitly outlined in the constitution like arms, and freedom from unwarranted searches. All that is dictator stuff Bloomberg has perpetrated.

To those that disagree, please post specific examples of Trump acting as a dictator of the people...

This is just another case of the left accusing Trump of what they are guilty of.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

But he's orange so he has to go. :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not sure how any freedom loving person can be OK with that policy.

Plenty of authoritarians on the "right" are perfectly OK with it, too. [snip]

This is reminiscent of the loose and shoddy thinking that advocates the inefficient deployment of resources because random searches are found to be more palatable to sensibilities than targeted searches based on mathematically established proclivities

Since law enforcement rightfully reaches for profiling as a useful tool after a crime has been committed, why is it so taboo when intervening to prevent crime

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

It’s a package deal the young men in question do not understand how to act in society not just the workplace. Blame it on what you want if you don’t show up and are not worth crap at work you don’t get a job.

Under Bernie your work assignment will be given to you!

Whats Mini Mike’s stance on all the issues?
    The facts are the dude is very boring he is not going to fire up a base of voters.

$56 billion. He's not trying to fire up a base, he's testing the theory that every (wo)man has their price

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Yeah. Mike doesn't have a lot of sizzle. And for those in the party that want excitement and drama...well, Mike is not that guy.

But after Trump, I think there are many of us who want a quiet, sober, manager who doesn't fly by the seat of his pants. Mike is that guy.

I still have problems with his anti-gun position, but this is a guy who understands markets, has a reasonable sense of Joe Average American and probably can do a pretty good job in foreing relations.

The 2A thing is a much bigger problem for me, dwarfing any other fact about the man. Couple that with other demonstrated authoritarian tendencies to force people to do what he believes is in their best interest (the regulation of trans fats, soda etc) and he would seem to actually be the dictator anti-Trumpers warned you about. He should not be allowed anywhere near that level of power

Truthfully Alpo, are you enamored of the man or his postulated ability to give Trump a realistic challenge (not something i believe, but seems to be canon on parts of the left)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have a real problem with his gun positions and his previous excursions beyond his authority in that regard. I don't minimize it.

As to his soda/fat/nanny positions....I think this is something cultural east of the Hudson River. There are expectations that certain politicians have that they know what is good for you. Look at Elizabeth Warren. Even Bernie. It's not something we in the midwest put up with, but can let slide if it stays regional with the New English.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I demand to see his tax returns

I know you are just tweaking some here with the comment but I think this is a ruling class gotcha to any business man that may want to run. It started with the IRS illegally releasing Nixons as I recall. The reporter that did the story won a Pulitzer prize for printing them.

It it is one thing to release tax returns for a senator or rep, or anyone for that matter, that has their W-2 income and investments income. It is quite another to release business tax returns that have much confidential, proprietary, and sensitive information in them. The returns contain 1099 info as to who you hire to do jobs for you, what you spend on what and of course what you write off.

It is often shown that even with a simple returns professional tax preparers rarely reach the same final numbers, does anyone doubt that either side could find fault with Bloomberg or Trump's returns? In fact the return of any professional you personally deal with could be negatively distorted to slime them in the media.

To those seriously whining for their release, there is no requirement to release tax returns, stop strong arming for them...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yeah. Mike doesn't have a lot of sizzle. And for those in the party that want excitement and drama...well, Mike is not that guy.

But after Trump, I think there are many of us who want a quiet, sober, manager who doesn't fly by the seat of his pants. Mike is that guy.

I still have problems with his anti-gun position, but this is a guy who understands markets, has a reasonable sense of Joe Average American and probably can do a pretty good job in foreing relations.

Unless of course the Average Joe is a farmer. Or a minority. Or a gun owner. He's already expressed his contempt for those Average Joes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Or, more likely, that we, a society, need to drop the rhetoric (e.g. Death panels), and have a serious conversation about medicine.

For example, "is the current medical system focused too much on longevity at the detriment to quality of life?"

I do not personally care to extend my life beyond it's natural limitations.

There however people like the mother of the young lady that asked Obama the question about a pacemaker. The assumption was that she had otherwise good quality of life and the desire to live.

His answer was she ought to take a pill.

I have a big problem with the the camel getting it's nose under that tent.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is reminiscent of the loose and shoddy thinking that advocates the inefficient deployment of resources because random searches are found to be more palatable to sensibilities than targeted searches based on mathematically established proclivities

Since law enforcement rightfully reaches for profiling as a useful tool after a crime has been committed, why is it so taboo when intervening to prevent crime

Because the three girls don't agree.

And I suppose you are fine with Red Flag laws.

Stop and frisk is not the same as a Terry stop. I have not and will not stand for being stopped by police without RAS or PC, and I will not stand for it being done to you, whatever your race, color, creed or heritage.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Make everybody's tax returns public record, every detail available on the internet.
    giphy.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OK, I'll play. You must be in favor of irradiating everybody who wants to get on a plane rather than profiling them based on known markers of suspicious behavior/intent. Even pre-check is based on profiling, so it is nazi behavior too

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom