• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Not tryin' to jack the thread but........
    My personal favorite will always be Carlos Hathcock, even though he may not have had the numbers, he was a hard working blue coller sniper.

I was told that he was a Wallmart greater before he died :) Someone news person asked customers and neighbors about him and said that he is nice and keeps to himself and will go out hunting for days on end....... they had no idea about his background.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Comrad, your head just exploded... what happ

You say: Tovarish, vasha golovka kak raz vzorval. Shto sloochilos k vam?

Actually you would say it in Ukranian as many of the "Russians" that the Finns killed were Ukranians.

However, don't ask me to say it in Ukranian. That langauge sounds like backward Japanese to me.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't care if you are Santa Claus. No one is used to fighting day after day in those temps.

Finns understood the cold. Today we seen numbnut kids in shorts and sandals in February (I blame The OC and other moronic television), but the Finns knew how to dress for it, how to stay warm and the importance of hot food (see, e.g. The Sausage War) and exercise/conditioning.

Look at today how many morons one sees walking around in winter without hats, gloves, or proper shoes (even kids in shorts, their parents should be in the stocks) and then whining about the cold or coughing their lungs out throughout the winter. It's simply stupidity on parade.

Lots of great books on the Russo-Finn War and the War of Continuation. Perhaps I should start a new thread.:D

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Finns understood the cold. Today we seen numbnut kids in shorts and sandals in February (I blame The OC and other moronic television), but the Finns knew how to dress for it, how to stay warm and the importance of hot food (see, e.g. The Sausage War) and exercise/conditioning.

Look at today how many morons one sees walking around in winter without hats, gloves, or proper shoes (even kids in shorts, their parents should be in the stocks) and then whining about the cold or coughing their lungs out throughout the winter. It's simply stupidity on parade.

Lots of great books on the Russo-Finn War and the War of Continuation. Perhaps I should start a new thread.:D

True, I understand the cold but if its negative I only go outside for a good reason. i.e. Work.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So the conclusion should be it is the warrior not the weapon that is most important.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    It appears it was new to me and everyone else in the thread.

That Simo Hayha used iron sighted Mosins, two of them, during the Winter War?

I should hope that's not news. If it is, apologies, but... he's the best - and I'm only using kill-count to make that superlative assessment - sniper in the world.

White Feather used an M25, White Death used two Mosins.

Fascinating stuff and always worth a second, third, first, fourth, fifth, final look.

Apologies if I came across as stuck-up, I just figured EVERYONE would know given how famous the great snipers are.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I don't get why we have "Chuck Norrisism" when there are actually bad asparagus Mofos around. I propose these new ones to replace Chuck:

"Hathcock is the reason Waldo is hiding."
    "Simo destroyed the periodic table, because the only element he recognizes is the element of suprise."
    "Hathcock counted to infinity, twice."
    "Simo played Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun, and won."

Top Bottom