• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    That's very nice, TD. If you go to the Cajun Gun Works site they have spring kits for the Sphinx. It will, supposedly, make it the equal or perhaps better than a Cajunized CZ. Should be pretty inexpensive.
    Why, why did you post that beauty? LOL. Never seen that model very nice, did that come from the factory with that finish?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I have a drill index fractional/numbers and letters. It has every size that anyone drills a hole with. I find the right size bit....cut it down and dress it out.....makes perfect pins etc.
    I just list what I use (drills get a bit short...:)) and when I order from Brownells I add them to it.

Great idea!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    To answer bjenkins, I have shot the Sphinx SPD Compact and it's awesome!

I may get the smack down for this, but here is goes anyway. Keep in mind I have drank the CZ kool aid and I am hooked.
    I just sold today, my standard Rami for funds towards a SP-01 (been wanting to get one and Cajunize for a long time).
    Well I made the mistake of going to Beech Grove Firearms with cash in hand. I walk in looking around I see what at first glance seems to be a bronze SP-01.

Upon closer examination, it was a Sphinx SPD compact, imported by Kriss USA from Switzerland. Man this thing looks very similar to a SP-01.

I buy it and head back to ITP and put 100 amazing rounds through this thing. I have two Cajunized CZ's from CGW. And in my humble opinion this sucker as stock is very close to a CZ that has had work done to it. This is a decocker model so I am betting if it were a safety model instead, it would be even smoother.

So I am going to set this in the safe next to all my CZ's and see if they get along.

Sphinx%20SPD%20Compact%20small%20_zps1dz1uhvc.jpg

Oh my! :rockwoot:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Why, why did you post that beauty? LOL. Never seen that model very nice, did that come from the factory with that finish?

Yes Sir, factory finish. They had a two tone also, but man it was over $200.00 more. I like this better anyway.

I know a guy...

Hey that's right we have our own David right here. This is the first time I have had a gun in hand to Cajunize. The others I bought the gun and works from CGW.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To answer bjenkins, I have shot the Sphinx SPD Compact and it's awesome!

I may get the smack down for this, but here is goes anyway. Keep in mind I have drank the CZ kool aid and I am hooked.
    I just sold today, my standard Rami for funds towards a SP-01 (been wanting to get one and Cajunize for a long time).
    Well I made the mistake of going to Beech Grove Firearms with cash in hand. I walk in looking around I see what at first glance seems to be a bronze SP-01.

Upon closer examination, it was a Sphinx SPD compact, imported by Kriss USA from Switzerland. Man this thing looks very similar to a SP-01.

I buy it and head back to ITP and put 100 amazing rounds through this thing. I have two Cajunized CZ's from CGW. And in my humble opinion this sucker as stock is very close to a CZ that has had work done to it. This is a decocker model so I am betting if it were a safety model instead, it would be even smoother.

So I am going to set this in the safe next to all my CZ's and see if they get along.

Sphinx%20SPD%20Compact%20small%20_zps1dz1uhvc.jpg

I want pick of the liter.....:)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I'm really intrigued by this model, looks like a 1911 and a CZ had a baby. I researched a little and see it was a joint operation between Colt and CZ, and it will accept CZ 75B .40 mags and also GregCote has 12rd mags for it. So here's my question, has anyone handled or shot one of these? It appears to be a good deal, but I can't find any other ones for sale anywhere to really compare to.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Looks like a grown up RAMI. I think you should be the first of the group to tell us how it is.... :):
    I believe one of the guys who designed it also designed the RAMI. I am really considering this one, but had my eye on a P-09 or SP-01 also. Here we go again...decisions.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Yes Sir, factory finish. They had a two tone also, but man it was over $200.00 more. I like this better anyway.

Hey that's right we have our own David right here. This is the first time I have had a gun in hand to Cajunize. The others I bought the gun and works from CGW.
    That gun is just really sick!:drool:LOL.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I believe one of the guys who designed it also designed the RAMI. I am really considering this one, but had my eye on a P-09 or SP-01 also. Here we go again...decisions.

Those 2 can be had anytime... How often does a 40b come up for sale? I'd never heard of one, but I'm still getting my feet wet in CZ. Some quick searching has guys in 2012 saying $440 is too much for one of those. Maybe try to lowball the guy? :koolaid:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Those 2 can be had anytime... How often does a 40b come up for sale? I'd never heard of one, but I'm still getting my feet wet in CZ. Some quick searching has guys in 2012 saying $440 is too much for one of those. Maybe try to lowball the guy? :koolaid:
    A quick search of GB completed listings shows 1 sold for $525 this year just less than a month ago. But yeah, I see people talking about paying $250 at Gander Mountain, but a few years back. :dunno:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I guess I should have searched more, I didn't realize how many past threads there are on the 40b and many many other CZ discussions on this site. :faint:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm really intrigued by this model, looks like a 1911 and a CZ had a baby. I researched a little and see it was a joint operation between Colt and CZ, and it will accept CZ 75B .40 mags and also GregCote has 12rd mags for it. So here's my question, has anyone handled or shot one of these? It appears to be a good deal, but I can't find any other ones for sale anywhere to really compare to.
    I have owned one. I like them. This particular deal is a little steep. He is trying to recoup the money he spent on the grips. Usually these guns are in the $400 range. He has extra mags which is a plus but one of them has problems so :dunno:. It is from the same line that started with the Colt Z40 and eventually became the 40P. It is on my "to get" list and this appears to be a nice example but I wouldn't pay this guy for his poor choice in grips.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A 40B comes up on GB four or five times a year. There was recently one that went through several times without any bids. I wouldn't go for this one unless he agreed to keep the grips and sell them separately.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    A 40B comes up on GB four or five times a year. There was recently one that went through several times without any bids. I wouldn't go for this one unless he agreed to keep the grips and sell them separately.
    This is spot on to what I noticed and the same thing I was thinking about the grips. There were I think 3 listings at $499 that didn't bid/sell and the 1 at $525 that did. I have my doubts that he will sell without those grips. I might try and ask though, downside is that I then have money wrapped up in gas and travel time to Indy for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom