Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The new .308 arrived sooner than I expected. I thought I would have all the bits and pieces before the rifle but won't have the sight base until next week...it was sent by the dreaded Surepost.

y5qgL5P.jpg

That’s awesome. You might have posted but mind sharing what the build is?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There's actually a (5th grade level) joke that I still remember for some reason ..... maybe it was my first ear-worm. :dunno:
    TT would like it, because it has "socks" in it !

Let's see if I can still remember it (I'm betting that the naughty-word filter will be actuated). ;

[/FONT]:mods::whistle:
    (well dang ..... none of those words were filtered)

FOR CRAP SACK MAN ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

LOL.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just woke up from a 3 hour nap. Guess I'll be up late tonight.

That’s awesome. You might have posted but mind sharing what the build is?

Bergara Premier HMR Pro because I had 2 boxes of .308, no gun and a plan to use them up in MM's Saint. Then I got an email from KyGunCo and, well you know, plans are only good until the other guy lands a punch.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Bergara Premier HMR Pro because I had 2 boxes of .308, no gun and a plan to use them up in MM's Saint. Then I got an email from KyGunCo and, well you know, plans are only good until the other guy lands a punch.

Very nice. Looking forward to a demo at the sge. :-)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Everything is roughed in now. De-horned and ready to get the final love touch.

7pBVrxb.jpg

The extractor is harder than Chinese Arithmetic. It will need more attention.

Looks like you're getting close to a polish with the paper on the back of the slide.

Is the whole gun getting polished (I'm doubting that), a brushed finish, bead blasted or color?

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County

I may have to bug you to shoot that a time or two. TT will tell you I spent far too much time fondling those when we went to the NRA convention last year.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I like it
    What are you going to use for glass?

I have a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 not being used and a Leupold VX-3i LRP 4.5-14x50mm on the way. Not sure what it will end up with. It's a range toy.

I may have to bug you to shoot that a time or two. TT will tell you I spent far too much time fondling those when we went to the NRA convention last year.

You know you are more than welcome to. This is the first time I've tried a TriggerTech Frictionless trigger and It may ruin me for others. It has a roller between the trigger and sear so there is no sliding of parts against each other.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks like you're getting close to a polish with the paper on the back of the slide.

Is the whole gun getting polished (I'm doubting that), a brushed finish, bead blasted or color?

A mixture of Polish and bead blast as in a Bi-tone. AllenM will be working so show off magic on it and then I will make that final decision after he is done.
    I have all the wheels and compounds in the mail. I might surprise myself and just polish the living crap out of the slide and frame and bead blast everything that hangs on them as to the controls.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    That's a sweet setup GMC, and that trigger sounds very interesting!
    CM, your attention to detail is wonderful! That's coming right along!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Our first kid got me up and I helped her, then before I got back to sleep our boy woke up, he required a song. Before I got back to sleep my mind started thinking and doesn't want to rest right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom