Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m getting the itch to take one or more of the wheel guns out for a spin. It’s been a while since I’ve put many rounds through the wheelies.

Hey, speaking of wheel guns, would you guys sell a S&W Model 60 no-dash to a family member who isn’t into guns but wants a small revolver for personal defense? My sister found out that I was thinking of selling the 1974 built Model 60 and is willing to pay what I bought it for. Normally, I’d jump at the chance of selling to a family member but she already owns a .380 so the .38 Special is not really adding much to her ability to protect herself. The real reason is that this is one of those guns that someone who appreciates a good S&W wheel gun would appreciate and I hate to think of it going into her lockbox, never to see the light of day again until her kids settle her estate some day.

On the other hand, it’s just a gun and if it were to make her interested enough in shooting to actually shoot, it would be worth just giving the thing to her. I’m kind of on the fence about this one. I wish there were still cheap Model 10 police trades available. I’d just grab one of those and give it to her for her birthday

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ZBhzyd9.jpg

USGbVAD.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m getting the itch to take one or more of the wheel guns out for a spin. It’s been a while since I’ve put many rounds through the wheelies.

Hey, speaking of wheel guns, would you guys sell a S&W Model 60 no-dash to a family member who isn’t into guns but wants a small revolver for personal defense? My sister found out that I was thinking of selling the 1974 built Model 60 and is willing to pay what I bought it for. Normally, I’d jump at the chance of selling to a family member but she already owns a .380 so the .38 Special is not really adding much to her ability to protect herself. The real reason is that this is one of those guns that someone who appreciates a good S&W wheel gun would appreciate and I hate to think of it going into her lockbox, never to see the light of day again until her kids settle her estate some day.

On the other hand, it’s just a gun and if it were to make her interested enough in shooting to actually shoot, it would be worth just giving the thing to her. I’m kind of on the fence about this one. I wish there were still cheap Model 10 police trades available. I’d just grab one of those and give it to her for her birthday

I'd rather see her carry .38 wadcutters than a 380. I'd rather see you keep a classic M60 and find her something else.

Personally, I think a P365 with a safety is a tough to beat "first" personal defense weapon. Its a long list of alternatives though...my first question is always, "how do you plan on carry it?". The answer usually is, "I don't know; in my purse?". Not to be sexist but men usually don't answer the question honestly. lol!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'd rather see her carry .38 wadcutters than a 380. I'd rather see you keep a classic M60 and find her something else.

I agree with the Bandit, 88' .....keeps the classic M60, and find her something else.
    It sounds to me that she's looking to solve a hardware problem, when she probably doesn't have a hardware problem.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Good morning, :ingo:.

I got six hours of sleep last night for the first time in a very long time.

I'm determined to have a good day today so I got out in front of the pain this morning. I hate having a buzz for breakfast but it's better than the alternative.

Found out my daughter and her tribe are coming for a visit. I didn't think I was going to see the G-kids this year. A very pleasant surprise.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good morning, :ingo:.

I got six hours of sleep last night for the first time in a very long time.

I'm determined to have a good day today so I got out in front of the pain this morning. I hate having a buzz for breakfast but it's better than the alternative.

Found out my daughter and her tribe are coming for a visit. I didn't think I was going to see the G-kids this year. A very pleasant surprise.

Good morning! That is great news!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom