The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm not educated enough to participate in those kinds of threads. Much like politics in general, I know very little about what's actually going on in the world and usually just get lost in the conversation. Alot of it has to do with all the big fancy words people like to use. I get very lost in the lingo. I hate politics. Just seems like arguing all the time and nothing getting done.

:+1:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm not educated enough to participate in those kinds of threads. Much like politics in general, I know very little about what's actually going on in the world and usually just get lost in the conversation. Alot of it has to do with all the big fancy words people like to use. I get very lost in the lingo. I hate politics. Just seems like arguing all the time and nothing getting done.

I too hate politics. Hate, hate, hate politics. Cars and guns are my salvation in a world dominated by politics. There’s no politics involved in a rifle. It does what it’s going to do solely based on the user. How close it comes to its mechanical limitations has nothing to do with popularity or attempted power grabs. It’s just pure shooter and machine combined together to put a chunk of lead where the shooter wants it to go within his/her limitations.

Old cars are the same. There are no politics involved in the function of a carburetor. On a warm, sunny day while driving backroads in my old ‘69 Spider, the car will perform consistently to my inputs. If I’m having a good day, the car is wonderful. If I’m not, it will balk and sputter, but the car is always consistent. I’m the only variable in it’s operation. It won’t perform differently sometimes to impress a different audience. No politics in a carburetor.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The people that think they know a lot and the fancy words are the reason things are so screwed up in the world. Some things are just basic. Theres always lawyers ready to over complicate things and screw them up

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I too hate politics. Hate, hate, hate politics. Cars and guns are my salvation in a world dominated by politics. There’s no politics involved in a rifle. It does what it’s going to do solely based on the user. How close it comes to its mechanical limitations has nothing to do with popularity or attempted power grabs. It’s just pure shooter and machine combined together to put a chunk of lead where the shooter wants it to go within his/her limitations.

Old cars are the same. There are no politics involved in the function of a carburetor. On a warm, sunny day while driving backroads in my old ‘69 Spider, the car will perform consistently to my inputs. If I’m having a good day, the car is wonderful. If I’m not, it will balk and sputter, but the car is always consistent. I’m the only variable in it’s operation. It won’t perform differently sometimes to impress a different audience. No politics in a carburetor.
    I agree. Politics have ruined everything good and whole in this world. EVERYTHING.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

+10.....:)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The people that think they know a lot and the fancy words are the reason things are so screwed up in the world. Some things are just basic. Theres always lawyers ready to over complicate things and screw them up
    That's where I come in. I try to understand and process things in a very simple logical approach. I just had this conversation with my wife about how our corporate office operates and how complex our computer systems dont work properly most of the time. Who suffers? The employees and the customers. Same with politics. All the arguing and finger pointing. No different than fighting parents and the kids suffer from it.

Okay. Off to work I go. :)

Have a good day everyone. Thankful I have some happiness with you guys as part of that.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

There's nothing wrong with using "fancy words" unless the intent is to confuse, or deceive IMO. I read a lot and also have a job where I'm an analyst and therefore have a large vocabulary, which I use. That said, I usually tend to use those words when I know my audience will understand them. I slip sometimes, but I don't have any ill intent when I do so. Lawyers, politicians and other elites on the other hand, use language to deceive and obfuscate. When talking about them, I completely agree with you.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I often wonder what the next civil war will look like. There will be no firm lines separating left from Right. I read a blog post a while back that made a good case for our being in the midst of the 2nd Civil War right now and that it’s only now approaching the change from a Cold War to a hot war.

Whatever comes, I know which side I’ll be on and what I’ll give in support of it. Nobody lives forever, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There's nothing wrong with using "fancy words" unless the intent is to confuse, or deceive IMO. I read a lot and also have a job where I'm an analyst and therefore have a large vocabulary, which I use. That said, I usually tend to use those words when I know my audience will understand them. I slip sometimes, but I don't have any ill intent when I do so. Lawyers, politicians and other elites on the other hand, use language to deceive and obfuscate. When talking about them, I completely agree with you.
    You get my point. I agree completely

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I often wonder what the next civil war will look like. There will be no firm lines separating left from Right. I read a blog post a while back that made a good case for our being in the midst of the 2nd Civil War right now and that it’s only now approaching the change from a Cold War to a hot war.

Whatever comes, I know which side I’ll be on and what I’ll give in support of it. Nobody lives forever, right?
    We wont have to wait too long to find out. Frankly im not as afraid of it as so many others seem to be.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Once there was a time when I was part gangster , and part cowboy. I wore that leather 10-gallon until it eventually fell apart .... notice the admiring gaze from the girl on the right. :naughty:

i-CSkZJTt-XL.jpg

Courtesy; the MM photo archive --- gangster / cowboy chapter

That is a cool picture. MM, did you have a band of professional photographers following you around documenting the MMness of your life? I swear, someday there will be a movie made. Maybe a trilogy of movies. I’d watch them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To me, this feels like the first Monday of the year. The Monday of all coming 2020 Mondays. The wife had me moving furniture around Saturday afternoon and I’m feeling it still today. Being the mother of all Mondays does not help.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I had to Google "obfuscate" there Mr. Fancy Pants smart guy. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom