The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I wanted to sleep in today. The pup isn’t like cats in that regard. The cats are pleased by sleeping in, they express that by not waking up. The pup thinks sleeping in is laying still for an extra 12 seconds.
    Your cats sleep in? Chow is up by at least 7 every day screaming into my ear.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    While working on a "research project" for a fellow CZicko, I found this about Hi-Point. Not sure if I am proud or embarrassed that his time in Huntington lead to the Hi-Point?

Hi-Point guns have gained popularity for their simplicity and reliability. Those qualities are behind the firearms designed and built for the last two decades by Tom Deeb in the Beemiller manufacturing plant in Mansfield, Ohio......I set up my business in 1993 in the current location in Mansfield, Ohio. My first gun was the Model C-9.”...

Deeb was born in Mishawaka, near South Bend, in Indiana. The family soon moved to Wabash. “I lived in a working-class neighborhood,” he said. “As a teenager, I wanted independence and a car. I got a job and dropped out of school. To get a better job at Memcor [a maker of military radios in nearby Huntington] I bought an electronics textbook.

Deeb served in the military from 1972 to 1976, installing and trouble-shooting electronic equipment all over Southeast Asia. After returning, he went into business repairing and rebuilding television sets in Lima, Ohio, and later in Mansfield. It was work, but not what he wanted. In the late 1980s Deeb met a man in the gun business who employed some of Deeb’s ideas. He then developed his own prototypes.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I think if I combined the time both of the cats were awake in a 24 hour period, we might get 8 hours out of them. And most of that time would be spent moving to the next place to sleep.
    If I’m home and doing anything at all, Chow is awake and following me around. And then if I go into an area of the house where he knows he isn’t allowed, he’ll sit in the doorway and cry until I come back. He’s needy for a cat I think. :dunno:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    While working on a "research project" for a fellow CZicko, I found this about Hi-Point. Not sure if I am proud or embarrassed that his time in Huntington lead to the Hi-Point?

Hi-Point guns have gained popularity for their simplicity and reliability. Those qualities are behind the firearms designed and built for the last two decades by Tom Deeb in the Beemiller manufacturing plant in Mansfield, Ohio......I set up my business in 1993 in the current location in Mansfield, Ohio. My first gun was the Model C-9.”...

Deeb was born in Mishawaka, near South Bend, in Indiana. The family soon moved to Wabash. “I lived in a working-class neighborhood,” he said. “As a teenager, I wanted independence and a car. I got a job and dropped out of school. To get a better job at Memcor [a maker of military radios in nearby Huntington] I bought an electronics textbook.

Deeb served in the military from 1972 to 1976, installing and trouble-shooting electronic equipment all over Southeast Asia. After returning, he went into business repairing and rebuilding television sets in Lima, Ohio, and later in Mansfield. It was work, but not what he wanted. In the late 1980s Deeb met a man in the gun business who employed some of Deeb’s ideas. He then developed his own prototypes.

Obviously you need to buy one now! :laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Your cats sleep in? Chow is up by at least 7 every day screaming into my ear.

My previous cat that I had for 17 years had a horrible propensity for getting me up at 3am in his later years. If I left the bedroom door open it was worse, because he would prowl all over the bed while I was trying to sleep. Because of that I would shut the door, but he would sit outside of it and whine loudly and wake me up. At least with the door shut I managed some sleep. He, unfortunately, is no longer with me, but my current cats are much the same. My soon-to-be-ex helped me solve that problem with a box fan. With the door closed and the box fan on low, I don't hear the cats and end up sleeping until I'm ready to get up. I've gotten MUCH better sleep since I started doing this.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Looking at stuff I might be willing to sacrifice in order to make a MK18 pistol build or SBR purchase happen. :n00b:

So far the only things that come to mind are possibly my upgraded Ruger PC9 or my parts/pieces for my 7.62x39 AR along with the ammo and mags. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I’m home and doing anything at all, Chow is awake and following me around. And then if I go into an area of the house where he knows he isn’t allowed, he’ll sit in the doorway and cry until I come back. He’s needy for a cat I think. :dunno:

Uh....what else does he have to do. Cats are going to cat. Its what they do.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I find this very interesting ! :yesway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My previous cat that I had for 17 years had a horrible propensity for getting me up at 3am in his later years. If I left the bedroom door open it was worse, because he would prowl all over the bed while I was trying to sleep. Because of that I would shut the door, but he would sit outside of it and whine loudly and wake me up. At least with the door shut I managed some sleep. He, unfortunately, is no longer with me, but my current cats are much the same. My soon-to-be-ex helped me solve that problem with a box fan. With the door closed and the box fan on low, I don't hear the cats and end up sleeping until I'm ready to get up. I've gotten MUCH better sleep since I started doing this.
    Wow.....17 years is a long time to be attached to a pet. I bet that you miss him.

My current cat (who several of you have met) sleeps with me every night.
    Because of my lumbar deterioration, I sleep in a Lazy Boy recliner .....with Luci between my legs.
    She always let's me sleep until 8 AM.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My cats became astronauts if they woke me up. Id half awake toss them across the room. They usually landed on their feet i think. I still had my eyes closed.
    If they wake me up now they go for the sneak attack and pounce and run. Ass, holes

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wow.....17 years is a long time to be attached to a pet. I bet that you miss him.

My current cat (who several of you have met) sleeps with me every night.
    Because of my lumbar deterioration, I sleep in a Lazy Boy recliner .....with Luci between my legs.
    She always let's me sleep until 8 AM.

I miss him every day. When I slept in a recliner when my back was acting up (this lasted 2 years) he would sleep with me off and on, as would my current cat that I had rescued to keep him company. Thankfully his last night he slept curled up on my chest the entire night, like he knew and was saying goodbye.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom