Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Law tactical is the front runner on the adapter right now and TT's endorsement puts it over the top.

Morning peoples. This has been a sleep in kind of week for me as the terrorists are on fall break. Next week it is back to the regular routine.

:coffee:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Why is it that some guns just grab you and others leave you cold? For instance, that little model 60 that I picked up last month just plain old makes me happy. The Model 13 is the same. There are others that I tried hard to love but they never grabbed me the way these two (and others) have done. I think I’ll pop the side plate off the Model 60 today and clean/lube it. I have not had the side plate off of that one since bringing it home.

The odd thing about the 60 is that it’s not my favorite gun to shoot. It’s only got 5 holes in the cylinder, so it runs empty faster than I’m used to and being a snubby, it’s not a pleasure to shoot and I’m not all that accurate with it. Yet, it is still among my current favorites.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why is it that some guns just grab you and others leave you cold? For instance, that little model 60 that I picked up last month just plain old makes me happy. The Model 13 is the same. There are others that I tried hard to love but they never grabbed me the way these two (and others) have done. I think I’ll pop the side plate off the Model 60 today and clean/lube it. I have not had the side plate off of that one since bringing it home.

The odd thing about the 60 is that it’s not my favorite gun to shoot. It’s only got 5 holes in the cylinder, so it runs empty faster than I’m used to and being a snubby, it’s not a pleasure to shoot and I’m not all that accurate with it. Yet, it is still among my current favorites.

I am that way about most guns. They either grab my attention or Meh.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Law tactical is the front runner on the adapter right now and TT's endorsement puts it over the top.

Morning peoples. This has been a sleep in kind of week for me as the terrorists are on fall break. Next week it is back to the regular routine.

:coffee:
    I was very skeptical of the folding brace "gimmick" a couple years ago. Now I wouldn't think twice about picking up a rifle with one on it (that I've tested) to defend my life.
    Ive never had an issue. Very solid. They've actually improved the design now to make them more robust.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was very skeptical of the folding brace "gimmick" a couple years ago. Now I wouldn't think twice about picking up a rifle with one on it (that I've tested) to defend my life.
    Ive never had an issue. Very solid. They've actually improved the design now to make them more robust.

The Gen-3 looks very solid.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I have a pre-lock model 60 and in spite of it being 38 only, it also is a clear favorite of mine.

Except for the grips...I put a set of VZ oversized grips on it. They feel great to shoot but not the look I was going for. Anyone want to trade for some boot or combat grips?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This will go on the saint so it is more transportable as in a truck gun.
    Always good to have a good AR in the truck i think.
    I need to get my longun safe mounted back in mine. I took it out when we moved to have more room in the back but I need to get it back in there.
    I bought a couple of the ones made by hornady with the RFID locks. It came with rfid stickers that you can put on hidden items, also keychains, and i have a couple bracelets, cheap red rubber ones and nicer black rubber with a metal pieceso it looks like jewelry. You could really design your own jewelry with one of the rfid pieces in it.
    Ive got small safes they make and the long gun ones. Very nice for in the home and vehicles.
    Ive also got some old police car rifle and shotgun electric locking gun racks that I wanted to mount one in the front for when im driving. Hit a secret button or code and deploy an AR. The racks are visible so you wouldnt wanna leave it (gun) in your car all the time.
    I just dont know how to mount stuff in vehicles so I hadn't done it yet. Also have some expensive radios I bought to put in and havent done yet. I need to get that damn truck finished. Thousands in aftermarket bumpers and rails and lights, radios, wench, just sitting

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Always good to have a good AR in the truck i think.
    I need to get my longun safe mounted back in mine. I took it out when we moved to have more room in the back but I need to get it back in there.
    I bought a couple of the ones made by hornady with the RFID locks. It came with rfid stickers that you can put on hidden items, also keychains, and i have a couple bracelets, cheap red rubber ones and nicer black rubber with a metal pieceso it looks like jewelry. You could really design your own jewelry with one of the rfid pieces in it.
    Ive got small safes they make and the long gun ones. Very nice for in the home and vehicles.
    Ive also got some old police car rifle and shotgun electric locking gun racks that I wanted to mount one in the front for when im driving. Hit a secret button or code and deploy an AR

In this is the issues we face with so many that leave guns in cars with only the non-idiot proof door locks as security and use the "I can not take it inside at work" excuses. There is an inherent responsibility here that so many ignore. It is not only frustrating but damned sad.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In this is the issues we face with so many that leave guns in cars with only the non-idiot proof door locks as security and use the "I can not take it inside at work" excuses. There is an inherent responsibility here that so many ignore. It is not only frustrating but damned sad.
    Yeah I won't leave guns unlocked anywhere honestly, home nor vehicle. To each their own.
    Home I've got babies that are too precious to lose or see hurt. I always carry at home anyways. Nightstand i have a fast safe. Takes litteraly 2 seconds for me to unlock and grab.
    Long gun bedside I have in a rfid/keypad safe like my trucks.
    I have a electronic wall mounted single gun rack with a keypad but I havent installed that here yet since I unhooked it at the last house.
    Long gun with my earpro fits inside the safe. It pops open aggressively when its unlocked, also takes seconds.
    I just dont take chances with guns

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've been researching a safe for my AR pistol for the car, but haven't found one that I am willing to spend the money on yet. Kinda spendy stuff there.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My last vehicle had a locking center console that would take a crowbar and a hammer to get into. The newjeep does not have as secure a spot. Since it is common in my day to have to go into a federal building or a place that I cannot carry, I have been carrying much less.

An rfid box would be a great option. Maybe tdogg will make this a research project.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A technique I used for home guns with small children around was to limit it to one handgun and make sure that one had a really strong action. My kids didn't have the hand strength to get the slide back until they were much older and more responsible.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    A technique I used for home guns with small children around was to limit it to one handgun and make sure that one had a really strong action. My kids didn't have the hand strength to get the slide back until they were much older and more responsible.

This would be a good use for Turbos Nagant revolver and it’s 25 pound double action trigger pull.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom