Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Very cool. Mossberg started this trend a view years ago, and I lusted after one for quite awhile until I finally picked one up. I just never shot the thing, and passed it on to a buddy at work with a coyote problem.

Thanks, KJ ! Yeah, I was tempted by the Mossbergs, because they have iron sights that come standard .... but with my old eyes, and the fact that the StikeEagle was versatile magnification (1 - 8 X), I thought this was a better choice for me.

Once, I swear there was a coyote in my meadow that had rabies. He was scrawny and wobbled around, and drooled. No kidding. I stomped my foot, and he ambled off, but I never forgot that encounter. This rifle will handle a yote too, if needed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I ended-up buying a rifle online today .... and not one that you'd probably suspect. It's for taking down to the​ cabin (now I can shoot skunks from a distance !)
    It needed to check these boxes:

.... less tactical looking than an AR (if wanted, could put in rear window of pickup truck, without a concern)
    .... but uses same boolit (sic) and mag compatibility with an AR
    .... able to switch my new Vortex StrikeEagle scope with QD mount onto it in a jiffy
    .... won't break the bank, since I've spent beaucoup money on ammo, and gun stuff lately !
    .... reliable, and sweet !

Came up with this, and pushed the buy button. (stock photo, for now)
    Grab-A-Gun will send it to USDS

Ruger American Ranch .223 /.556 that uses AR magazines ! :rockwoot:

26965.jpg

Very nice MM!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Very nice MM!
    Thanks, gangster ! :D
    Hey, I noticed that you were considering joining a new outdoor range. Like you, I spent some time down at Hoosier Hills with Tarzan, and really like that place.
    So, I decided that I was going to attend their next meeting, and join. Not that it should influence your decision, but if you join HH ..... we'd likely to be outdoor shooting buddies down there this summer.
    I calculate that their next meeting is June 20th, but will verify with Tarzan.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks, gangster ! :D
    Hey, I noticed that you were considering joining a new outdoor range. Like you, I spent some time down at Hoosier Hills with Tarzan, and really like that place.
    So, I decided that I was going to attend their next meeting, and join. Not that it should influence your decision, but if you join HH ..... we'd likely to be outdoor shooting buddies down there this summer.
    I calculate that their next meeting is June 20th, but will verify with Tarzan.

Haven't made up my mind yet, but it would be great to be able to shoot together there this summer :yesway:

Even if I don't join HH, I'll make time to come shoot with you and Reed.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    ....... and even more relaxing, there is an advance course for laying with the trees. (and yes, I actually do this often ! .... and have an Army surplus rain poncho for keeping the dirt off my back) :)

i-v4JwtDw-L.jpg

Please sign-up for these courses at your earliest convenience . I learned the art of retirement from my uncle, who used to say: " it's nice to do nothing, and then to rest ". :rockwoot:

I see a woobie!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I ended-up buying a rifle online today .... and not one that you'd probably suspect. It's for taking down to the​ cabin (now I can shoot skunks from a distance !)
    It needed to check these boxes:

.... less tactical looking than an AR (if wanted, could put in rear window of pickup truck, without a concern)
    .... but uses same boolit (sic) and mag compatibility with an AR
    .... able to switch my new Vortex StrikeEagle scope with QD mount onto it in a jiffy
    .... won't break the bank, since I've spent beaucoup money on ammo, and gun stuff lately !
    .... reliable, and sweet !

Came up with this, and pushed the buy button. (stock photo, for now)
    Grab-A-Gun will send it to USDS

Ruger American Ranch .223 /.556 that uses AR magazines ! :rockwoot:

26965.jpg

Very cool! Let us know how it shoots when it gets there!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Nice rifle MM. Seems like they are making more and more classic guns that just make sense and are more modern nowadays.

Very cool! Let us know how it shoots when it gets there!

Looks like a good purchase, MM! :rockwoot: The only thing I bought today was some ammo using ammo rebate cards - seemed fitting.

Thanks, dudes, and dudette ! :cheers:
    Yeah, it makes it so nice that this rifle will use AR mags. I can just grab a couple that are already loaded, and pop one in when I reach the cabin.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    You're all asleep (or perhaps have a life :D ) on this holiday evening.
    Perhaps a photo will stir an old memory, or a smile .

This is my good buddy, Annette, who lives with my cabin caretakers on the property to the south. This photo was taken about (5) years ago, when she was still young. Now, she's a powerful 135 lb. German Shepherd. I hug her neck, and she hugs back in her own way.

i-QzTQ4N9-XL.jpg

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    You're all asleep (or perhaps have a life :D ) on this holiday evening.
    Perhaps a photo will stir an old memory, or a smile .

This is my good buddy, Annette, who lives with my cabin caretakers on the property to the south. This photo was taken about (5) years ago, when she was still young. Now, she's a powerful 135 lb. German Shepherd. I hug her neck, and she hugs back in her own way.

i-QzTQ4N9-XL.jpg

That's a good looking dog MM. She looks serious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom