Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    No sir. I have not but I will be there if possible a 0600 to get the lay of the setup.
    Not looking to set the course on fire. Baby steps.

Wait for the beep. Shoot the steel in the order they tell you. Don't muzzle sweep yourself or anyone else. Holster/case the empty gun til the next stage where you will be instructed to make ready.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Oh please don't!! stop! don't do this! stop! (in my best Willy Wonka voice)haha.
    You guys will have a good time! and so will everyone else if you wear those shirts.:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wait for the beep. Shoot the steel in the order they tell you. Don't muzzle sweep yourself or anyone else. Holster/case the empty gun til the next stage where you will be instructed to make ready.

Figured as much. Don this before just not out there.

So I have to "Remember" an order.....:oldwise:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    You'll do well, most do on their first time, then they start to over think it and the wheels tend to fall off.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Order told?

I thought the shooting would be the hard part...

Sometimes it's "shoot em as you see em" but sometimes you have to do a certain order. Just depends on the stage.

Then sometimes you get that stupid ****ing texas star and run through all your mags and look like a fool.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Thanks! When I googled, "FNS" it came up.
    2. I had read the rules last week, when Coach was inviting others b/c there was space, and I had questions.
    3. I suppose if I come and watch one, it will all make sense.
    4. For example:
    "Magazines or speed loaders: 5 is the minimum requirement. If you do not bringenough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the
    maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. "
    5. Five what? Rounds or 5 magazines? Doesn't make since to have 5 magazines, is you have a gun that you can load up 15 rounds.
    6. "strings of fire" What? Rounds down field?
    7. The wording, when you have no frame of reference or never seen what they are talking about doesn't compute.
    8. then there is the different categories. How do you know which of a dozen different categories would a person know to enter.
    9. I know these are stupid questions for those who could do this in their sleep: I just need to see it. :dunno:
    10. In fact, I'll see if there is any vids on it.
    11. I over-prepare for anything and everything, and like to be in control. It's a teacher thing. :laugh:
    12. I've been told to just bring guns, show up, and do what I'm told, and I'll be fine. I'm worried I won't bring the right gun, or not have enough magazines.
    13. I've not even read how many rounds you are allowed to shoot to hit all the targets, or are you limited to a certain number of rounds and if you don't hit them all, tough luck, b/c you are not allowed to reload, which I guess is why you should have 5 magazines, which I don't for any gun and never dreamed of needing more than a couple of mags.
    14. And what is this "bowling pin" thing? Sounds fun also.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I need to get back on the trigger like this anyway. Last year was a wasteland for me shooting wise.

It will be fun.
    Yea at times i feel like i just waste time and ammo if im JUST SHOOTING. I always start with a plan to practice next thing you now i'm just shooting and NOT doing any practice. This seems to make you think and puts a lil pressure on you and your firearm. All in fun! AND stand by,, this spring i'm pretty sure i'll be running a Texas Star match on a weeknight so get those CZ's and pink shirts ready!!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    YouTube is your friend. Look up Friday night steel.

There are 5 stages. Each stage has 3 strings of fire. Each string of fire will consist of 5-6 targets that need hit. How many rounds that takes is up to you. 1 mag per string plus 1 spare is my personal minimum.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea at times i feel like i just waste time and ammo if im JUST SHOOTING. I always start with a plan to practice next thing you now i'm just shooting and NOT doing any practice. This seems to make you think and puts a lil pressure on you and your firearm. All in fun! AND stand by,, this spring i'm pretty sure i'll be running a Texas Star match on a weeknight so get those CZ's and pink shirts ready!!

Texas star............................:faint:
    That would b hilarious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom