Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am a tad bit older. Their music was ground breaking to a lad that was attempting to be a musician. And the odd mind enhancers as well.
    My uncle was in a swing band back in the day. He was very excited to tell me they had started playing MB tunes and were, at that time, now cool. I was like...meh.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I don’t know why wheel guns have caught my attention lately. But, they have. Anyone own any Dan Wesson’s? Back in the late ‘70s, a friend that I would shoot with had one of the Dan Wessons that came with the set of barrels to swap from something like a 3”, 5” and 8”. Nice setup.
    Agreed. That Model 19 thread resparked my revolver senses as well, and the Smith you snagged for a really fair price recently was neat to see. The Colt thread showing the welded barrel just about made me throw up in my mouth though... there are some neurotic people out there who should not be around firearms, especially with welding rods! Been eyeing BJ's 627 as well. No experience with DW revolvers personally, but someone on AL down in New Albany has had a DW 714 SS snub for sale for a while for $400. Hard to tell from the pic what kind of condition it's in, but it looks like it would be comparable to a 66 2.5" in form factor.

Been out of the loop on here for a bit, but lurk when I can, which reminds me - CM - what's the word from Springer, are you hopefully getting your new piece back soon??

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    All of this .22 talk lately has me thinking about a getting or putting together a .22 rifle with a little more precision in mind. But the wife and I have lots of home improvements this year we want to do. One of those is going to dictate the other. Or I just work more overtime and do both.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All of this .22 talk lately has me thinking about a getting or putting together a .22 rifle with a little more precision in mind. But the wife and I have lots of home improvements this year we want to do. One of those is going to dictate the other. Or I just work more overtime and do both.

Do both.

I am almost done with interior upgrades.
    Next is landscape.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don’t know why wheel guns have caught my attention lately. But, they have. Anyone own any Dan Wesson’s? Back in the late ‘70s, a friend that I would shoot with had one of the Dan Wessons that came with the set of barrels to swap from something like a 3”, 5” and 8”. Nice setup.

I had 357 6” 15-2, until a friend talked me out of it, I’ll have another at some point. I still have an 8” vented heavy barrel model in 22.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was just looking at the DW 715 Revolver Pistol Pack. That would be a nice setup but the $2k price is a non-starter for me right now.

The pistol pack is pricey, but such a neat revolver. If you skip the pack part, you can find good Monson built 15-2s for reasonable prices on GB. EWK makes barrels and shrouds for them, when they are in stock.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The truck got its maiden voyage towing yesterday. Pulled the trailer up to Markle empty, loaded it up with about 300 10' 2x4s. 220 mile round trip at 70+ mph. 14.2 mpg for the whole trip, 13.8 for the return trip loaded.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom