Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    :lmfao:Just watched the UPS guy through my doorbell camera deliver a box with 2k of 9mm in it. He grunted loudly 3 times walking 15' and half way back to the truck he let out a loud "whooooo".

He must have let something else out also as he climbed back into the truck cause I could see his hand flapping wildly out the door about belt line level as if the air needed cleared out.:lmfao:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    :lmfao:Just watched the UPS guy through my doorbell camera deliver a box with 2k of 9mm in it. He grunted loudly 3 times walking 15' and half way back to the truck he let out a loud "whooooo".

He must have let something else out also as he climbed back into the truck cause I could see his hand flapping wildly out the door about belt line level as if the air needed cleared out.:lmfao:

PM me your address. I’ll go make sure that 1k rounds you ordered don’t get stolen.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Priceless! This reminds me, farts do show up on flirs...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Order a trampoline off amazon, in the snow. Its comedy gold. UPS can cuss better than some sailors. Im glad we didn't return it, I don't know if I could have watched the little guy suffer like that again:):

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I was heavily thinking about those wood grips that you have in the picture. How did you like those? Beautiful P-01 !
    Thank you Ben. Agreed with H-45 that they are on the thick side and a little slick, even with the half-checkering. Since the P-01 has some front and backstrap serrations, the wood grips are quite manageable for sure, especially since 9mm is a mild round anyway. Even though they're not as good for "presentation" style grips, I've come to really like the G-10 material with LOK and VZ Grips. I think the G-10 grips look nice (though not as fetching as wood), they really make a pistol stick in your hands, and they're pretty much impervious to Hoppe's or anything else you get on them.

Besides the grips, the only other thing I did to mine outside The Wizard's magic is a CGW front FO sight.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Oh, one more quick note. I think CM has a better approach to applying the Permatex, but here's how I did it. I didn't realize a mixture of Permatex and gun oil was involved when I first put this on quite a few of mine, so I went back over everything to do it right. I used a q-tip to apply a thin coating of Permatex to the rails, then went back over it again with some Slip 2000 on a q-tip and sort of mixed it together. It turned out quite slick, and the Permatex is just sticky enough to make this mixture stay in place vs. having synthetic oil running out all over the place.

Still debating on doing this magic mixture on the barrel as well, but I think hitting the rails is where you get the most benefit.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Oh, one more quick note. I think CM has a better approach to applying the Permatex, but here's how I did it. I didn't realize a mixture of Permatex and gun oil was involved when I first put this on quite a few of mine, so I went back over everything to do it right. I used a q-tip to apply a thin coating of Permatex to the rails, then went back over it again with some Slip 2000 on a q-tip and sort of mixed it together. It turned out quite slick, and the Permatex is just sticky enough to make this mixture stay in place vs. having synthetic oil running out all over the place.

Still debating on doing this magic mixture on the barrel as well, but I think hitting the rails is where you get the most benefit.

I've got it ordered and will try it ASAP. I am mostly looking for the rails. CM knows a little about guns so I think it will work pretty good. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom