Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    We need a caption for this picture. I’ll go first.

“I don’t care what you say, those green dot mags are mine!”

1d0ab5c3cf12683146e7ed46d233aa9f.heic

They were yellow, dang it.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Most people had more than that on their table. That picture was everyone throwing their best one or two down for a challenge. That mcapo won.
    mcapo won? Which one was it?
    Matt, was it one of the ones that you let me look at when we met? Those all felt fantastic!

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    mcapo won? Which one was it?
    Matt, was it one of the ones that you let me look at when we met? Those all felt fantastic!

The final two were the Red Head and the CTS. The CTS fell out of the running at one point but was pulled back in by the judges. The Red Head went straight to the finals.

The final five were all stellar triggers. Actually that entire table was outstanding! Every Glock at the event went and hid in woods until the judging was over (just for the record, I did bring a Glock).

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The final two were the Red Head and the CTS. The CTS fell out of the running at one point but was pulled back in by the judges. The Red Head went straight to the finals.

The final five were all stellar triggers. Actually that entire table was outstanding! Every Glock at the event went and hid in woods until the judging was over (just for the record, I did bring a Glock).

You were the glock guy. You would probably ride a Kawasaki to Sturgis.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I just now got everything cleaned and put away, and mags reloaded. Might hit AB this week with the wizard. Might hit it again on Saturday morning for anyone that wants to join.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Early in the day, I was shooting Ok but by 11am it went to hell. Didn’t we start shooting right at about 10:55? It seems like I could only put a decent string together for about 5 minutes.

The Wizard rung the gong on the first round with the old Carbine too. Must be something about those rifles that warps the barrel or something after round 1.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Early in the day, I was shooting Ok but by 11am it went to hell. Didn’t we start shooting right at about 10:55? It seems like I could only put a decent string together for about 5 minutes.

The Wizard rung the gong on the first round with the old Carbine too. Must be something about those rifles that warps the barrel or something after round 1.

I remember that. He hit the gong and said he was done for the day.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yes, as the great and powerful OZ (*read WIZ*) did his thang TWICE to my Phantom.

He put a weaker OEM spring in it initially and then swapped it out
    After it was hanging up on reset.

The 2nd spring was the nuts and performed perfectly.!

All Hail, Da WIZ.!
    So that's what he was 'smithing on.

"Hey Wizard! It's doing it again". :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wish I had put old Shiny in for judging on Saturday. It would not have one, but it would have been nice to see where it stands as compared to The Wizard’s work. I think it’s pretty good and would have been worth judging, but it’s no where near ‘Bill’. That’s still my standout pistol and is a good example of the Wizard’s skill.

The barrel fit on Shiny is tight enough that I cannot remove it for cleaning. Not sure how I got the thing in there, but until it’s shot a lot more, it is not coming out of that slide.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I wish I had put old Shiny in for judging on Saturday. It would not have one, but it would have been nice to see where it stands as compared to The Wizard’s work. I think it’s pretty good and would have been worth judging, but it’s no where near ‘Bill’. That’s still my standout pistol and is a good example of the Wizard’s skill.

The barrel fit on Shiny is tight enough that I cannot remove it for cleaning. Not sure how I got the thing in there, but until it’s shot a lot more, it is not coming out of that slide.

Did you put a 10x bushing in it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom