THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Got the new to me Rami out today. Still getting the feel for it but not too bad of an outing.

This was four 3 shot groups: Double tap to chest (DA 1st shot, SA 2nd) and then slower 3rd SA head shot all at 7 yds

1668466042354.jpeg
    17 yds, slow fire

1668466110240.jpeg

did some one handed work at 7 yds today also with both 10 rnd and 14 rnd mags. Nothing to write home about. First shot DA on all targets, 5 shot groups

1668466259582.jpeg
    Edit: getting a bit of trigger bite. Need to talk to the Wizard about an 85 combat trigger for it.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got the new to me Rami out today. Still getting the feel for it but not too bad of an outing.

This was four 3 shot groups: Double tap to chest (DA 1st shot, SA 2nd) and then slower 3rd SA head shot all at 7 yds

View attachment 236740
    17 yds, slow fire

View attachment 236741

did some one handed work at 7 yds today also with both 10 rnd and 14 rnd mags. Nothing to write home about. First shot DA on all targets, 5 shot groups

View attachment 236742
    Edit: getting a bit of trigger bite. Need to talk to the Wizard about an 85 combat trigger for it.
    Gmcttr will be along shortly to ask about your additional hands and why one is slower than the others.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    1668470349556.jpeg

I’ve wanted a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 for a long time now and found this one about a month ago for a good deal. And just added the Holosun. It’s an awesome little package and I’m looking forward to using it to teach my wife and kids to shoot. The bottom one is my Kimber Micro 9 ESV that is my dedicated carry. I have a thing for black and gold! I love that color combo!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nice evening saw one large six and a doe. Plenty of large woodpeckers and an owl. It was a good hunt, none of these animals knew I was there and the deer were feeding directly under my stand. Sighted the scope several times on the buck, he walked over to a tree about 20 yards away and rubbed it like crazy, then ate bark he had rubbed off, something I have never seen them do.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Nice evening saw one large six and a doe. Plenty of large woodpeckers and an owl. It was a good hunt, none of these animals knew I was there and the deer were feeding directly under my stand. Sighted the scope several times on the buck, he walked over to a tree about 20 yards away and rubbed it like crazy, then ate bark he had rubbed off, something I have never seen them do.

Minty fresh I hope. Was it a cedar?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Decided to do some testing of different bench rest setups today with my 457. This was not what I originally had planned, but it turned out to be a fun comparison.

Setup 1) Front and rear Wiebad bags, with a 3" wide front bag rider attached to the forend of the rifle.

20221114_114916.jpg

Setup 2) Rock BR front rest, protektor silver slick flat front rest w/3" bag rider, rear Protektor silver slick Dr rest.

20221114_122246.jpg

Setup 3) Atlas Cal bipod on front, rear Wiebad bag, Midway shooting mat strapped down to bench. The mat has pockets at the front that the bipod legs can be pushed against. I would have preferred a 2x4 clamped to the bench instead of the mat pockets, but I used what I had with me.

20221114_124957.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I need me some old man wisdom...

So the gift dilemma from a few weeks ago... its an IPhone... I hate Iphone. I found out when I called my wife to let her know I was going to pick up the new Samsung because my 4-5year old phone is on its last legs... I am completely set up for android. Tablet, earbuds, headphones, laptop 100 chargers. Not sure how to play this. I'm trying to be appreciative, but a $1200 otd iphone vs. $400 galaxy s22 ultra with my trade in... I know she meant the absolute best, and I love her for it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I need me some old man wisdom...

So the gift dilemma from a few weeks ago... its an IPhone... I hate Iphone. I found out when I called my wife to let her know I was going to pick up the new Samsung because my 4-5year old phone is on its last legs... I am completely set up for android. Tablet, earbuds, headphones, laptop 100 chargers. Not sure how to play this. I'm trying to be appreciative, but a $1200 otd iphone vs. $400 galaxy s22 ultra with my trade in... I know she meant the absolute best, and I love her for it.
    Take it back. Buy the Samsung. Use the rest to get a gun you want.
    Kiss your wife and tell her thank you. It's just what I wanted.

Luv you, Honey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom