Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been watching some news from Europe today. Germany is rearming. After decades of complacency in their national defense preparations, they are looking to replace aircraft, tanks and other weapons with more effective modern ones. They are considering the F-35 now too.

This feels like a big step towards the next war. The Ukraine invasion has apparently opened many eyes to the fact that bad people still exist and sometimes get into positions of power. The fact that the US is not standing by to fight all of the worlds battles for them might play into this as well.

The fact that Germany is going on a major rearming exercise seems ominous to me. Maybe I’ve read too much history but it’s starting to feel more and more like the years preceding WWII to me. Definite Fourth Turning vibe right now.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Several years ago I had a Keltec PMR-30 that I purchased for $399 and enjoyed shooting for about a year. Then the market went crazy, and PMR-30's were going for insane amounts. I made the rational decision that as much as I enjoyed my property I should sell it. I listed it on Gunbroker, five day auction, no reserve, starting bid of a penny. It sold for $1180.00 because someone thought it was worth $1180. I make no apologies for acting in my best interests, and I believe I'm safe in thinking that you believe it's not in your best interests to buy my ammunition. That's great, I don't want you to act against your interests matter how much you might like to possess my property.

This is the beauty of a free market. Will I make money off of this? Yes, and I make no apologies for doing so. If no one on INGO wants to make a "realistic offer" (as defined by me, the owner) to buy my property I'm 100% OK with that, and at that point I'll make a rational decision to either offer it to a wider market (i.e. Gunbroker) or simply keep it. This is not a difficult concept.
    I shouldn't respond. This is almost too far off topic ... but it seems I touched a nerve. For you to go on so about this trying to rationalize and justify your position ... well, I'm sorry about the aggravation I caused you.

As I stated in the conversation I started with you ... I found your ad to be very humorous and sad at the same time.

That being said, how about you just do you, and I'll just do me.
    Now, to try to bring this back on topic ... CZ

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And, instead of going to get it, you are chatting on INGO? Priorities man, priorities. What if an asteroid hits the LGS in the next 5 minutes. You have to bring her home

Oh don't worry I did... ;)

I had just woke up from a late nap and was having a cup of coffee to get the energy to go out. Picked it up well before they closed and it's now safely sitting in the office ready to have the glass swapped from my Timber.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Remember when you retire to only sell your 401k stock holdings for what you paid for them. :stickpoke:

As much as I hate Gunbroker pricing, the buyers set the sale price - not the sellers. Lots of buyers/limited supply; high prices. Not too many years ago, the opposite was true.

We should be more upset about gas prices as that is truly an artificially manipulated market.
    Oh, don't worry, I will only cash out dollar for dollar what I contributed. Now, what that money earned for me is another conversation.

Gas prices ... yeah, that pretty much sucks right now ... Let's Go Brandon!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I’ve been watching some news from Europe today. Germany is rearming. After decades of complacency in their national defense preparations, they are looking to replace aircraft, tanks and other weapons with more effective modern ones. They are considering the F-35 now too.

This feels like a big step towards the next war. The Ukraine invasion has apparently opened many eyes to the fact that bad people still exist and sometimes get into positions of power. The fact that the US is not standing by to fight all of the worlds battles for them might play into this as well.

The fact that Germany is going on a major rearming exercise seems ominous to me. Maybe I’ve read too much history but it’s starting to feel more and more like the years preceding WWII to me. Definite Fourth Turning vibe right now.

Well said. Our weakness has created a power vacuum. This won't end on the sunny side of Philadelphia I'm afraid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom