Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Morning folks

Wife bought a Mustang finally, a red 2016 Convertible. It was a local trade in, and the salesman used to detail the car for the previous owner, so he was able to give some personal insight and it was obvious they took care of it. It was one of the three we test drove last weekend and the one we liked the most, but the price was just a bit more than the wife wanted to spend, even after they dropped the price a little. The dealer called her yesterday and somehow got them to come down another $2k, for a total of almost $3k from the original asking price. We'll be picking the car up tonight.

View attachment 183996
    Sweet, I have a soft spot for red convertibles.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Morning folks

Wife bought a Mustang finally, a red 2016 Convertible. It was a local trade in, and the salesman used to detail the car for the previous owner, so he was able to give some personal insight and it was obvious they took care of it. It was one of the three we test drove last weekend and the one we liked the most, but the price was just a bit more than the wife wanted to spend, even after they dropped the price a little. The dealer called her yesterday and somehow got them to come down another $2k, for a total of almost $3k from the original asking price. We'll be picking the car up tonight.

View attachment 183996

5.0 in that monstah??

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Not much ice here in GW. I'm sitting at the dealer while the do an oil change on the Taco.

Hey Spicey, they have a yellow 2014 convertible Vette on the lot for Mrs Spicey if she wants to get around quickly

you must be @ Beck's Toyota..?

I was trying to do a deal with their used dept, but couldn't see me paying the kinda money they were asking.

I saw that 'vette last time I was there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks

View attachment 183996
    Very nice. Hope the top holds up well for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I was trying to do a deal with their used dept, but couldn't see me paying the kinda money they were asking.

Stealership pricing is insane right now. Especially used. When CKW found her Acadia she walked away 2 times until they came in line with what her budget was.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Yup. They have a nice olive green Taco on the lot that I'd have jumped on back when I was in the market for a new truck.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've toyed with the idea of trading in my CX-5 due to the value of it, but have no idea what I would want instead and doubt I'd pay any less than what I do now. Just the thought of dealing with stealerships keeps me from even trying.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Very nice. Hope the top holds up well for you.
    It should fare well; the car will be kept in our heated garage.

My wife has no real hobbies and frankly is bored most of the time (husband has a gun/reloading addiction). She wanted something fun for her to have and enjoy. It also symbolizes her relationship with her brother and her deceased father as Mustangs were/are a big part of their lives. When she was born, her dad brought her home from the hospital in a 68 Mustang. And the last toy he had was a Fox Body 5.0 that had a pretty cool copper color to it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    5.0 in that monstah??
    Nope. Price jumps quite a bit for the 5.0 equipped Mustangs. The V-6 and twin turbo EcoBoost 4cyl engines are pretty damn stout though. 300 hp doesn't require a V-8 anymore. And the EcoBoost gets great mileage too. But we did see a 5.0 in her price range, but it was a private seller and they never replied to our message we sent them.

For 2016

1645798673663.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It should fare well; the car will be kept in our heated garage.

My wife has no real hobbies and frankly is bored most of the time (husband has a gun/reloading addiction). She wanted something fun for her to have and enjoy. It also symbolizes her relationship with her brother and her deceased father as Mustangs were/are a big part of their lives. When she was born, her dad brought her home from the hospital in a 68 Mustang. And the last toy he had was a Fox Body 5.0 that had a pretty cool copper color to it.
    We all need something.
    CKW stays busy with her arts and crafts. She is constantly making cool items to give to people. That keeps her mind sharp.

Nice car. It should bring a smile when her and the daughter are cruising top down this summer...:yesway:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Nope. Price jumps quite a bit for the 5.0 equipped Mustangs. The V-6 and twin turbo EcoBoost 4cyl engines are pretty damn stout though. 300 hp doesn't require a V-8 anymore. And the EcoBoost gets great mileage too. But we did see a 5.0 in her price range, but it was a private seller and they never replied to our message we sent them.

For 2016

View attachment 184006

320 ft lbs of torque at 2500 from a four cylinder.

That is impressive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom