wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glad to see WT on here. You doing "ok"?

Still having a lot of problems breathing and concentrating. Seem to be slowly improving after 2 weeks otherwise, thanks.

Well member how i stepped in poop this morning? Now Mrs BRC tested positive for covid. Said she felt like crap last night, felt like crap this morning. I swung by cvs, got a test along with a day/nyquill pack, some vitamin supplements, and an assortment of gatorade. Shes felling much better now, i guess thats one perk to being 25.

Good luck to you both. Good thing is youth aren't nearly as badly affected... :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    WT, it's good to see you here. Giving the :poop: we have all been dealing with, we were all worrying.

Thanks. More than a little worried myself. 2 weeks flat on my back, in and out of the hospital and just recently able to eat and drink well, though it all tastes badly off. If only I could take a deep breath, but I'm working on it.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Thanks. More than a little worried myself. 2 weeks flat on my back, in and out of the hospital and just recently able to eat and drink well, though it all tastes badly off. If only I could take a deep breath, but I'm working on it.
    Holy crap, glad to hear your starting to come out of it.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Hang in there friend! We're praying for you!
    Adding Mrs BRC to the list as well.

We're looking for details from CM when he's ready to share about his lists. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thich Nhat Hahn

One of my favorite authors and a man who left the world a better place.

RIP

“If we are not fully ourselves, truly in the present moment, we miss everything.”

“…there is no birth; there is no death; there is no coming; there is no going; there is no same; there is no different; there is no permanent self; there is no annihilation. We only think there is.”

I had not heard. RIP

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    THAT was a game!

ajy6cp18046-sf4scar89jmo_4.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a range trip down to HHRP yesterday to run a couple ARs. The DD M4A1 with the Leupold Mk AR and offset RMR combo was really good yesterday. I was jumping back and forth on targets, from the 50yd steel, then 100yd steel, then 200yd steel, then 100yd slow fire on paper with switching to the RMR for the 50 and 100 yard steel. I really like that combination.

a4793d014f55ac0f2951e1220a8f0365.jpg

Given that I had no rest and 30 round mags getting in the way, I’m quite happy with this group at 100 yards

24f1d6e4d4b80eb0f2574c28afff3663.jpg

The other AR I shot was the short 10.5” Loudenboomer. That was easy to plink steel with even out to 200 yards but I didn’t put it on paper with irons. Later, I brought the target in to about 5 yards to practice at CQB quick shots and the DD M4 continued to shine where as the little AR was a major fail for me.

I can do one eye slow fire with irons just fine but when I’m running both eyes open with the messed up right eye, I couldn’t pick up the sights with both eyes open. With partial vision in the right eye, I think I’ve become left eye dominant. I’ve never practiced point shooting with an AR but that was the only thing that worked for me on the little gun yesterday but I sucked at it. So, when I got home, the carry handle sight came off and the Eotech went back on.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The other thing that I noticed yesterday was that the stock GI style trigger on the DD worked better for me when shooting fast and close. I failed to reset the LaRue MB2S a couple of times with the little AR. I had really expected that gun to shine up close and personal and am amazed at how poor I performed with it in that situation.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

Finally started feeling pretty decent yesterday and closer to full strength today. Managed to get some 308 rounds loaded for a bullet seating depth test. I think I'll get some 223 loaded today for the same test. Hoping for a range trip tomorrow, though it looks to be cold and snowy.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've never been fast with irons on a rifle, especially ones with a rear peep sight. I do like and appreciate them, but IMO, fast target acquisition is not their strong suit. I'd rather have a red dot style optic or a LPVO scope.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom