patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good morning : one and all.

Got 10 hours of sleep..in 5+5 increments. I'll take it.
    Drove back to DSM yesterday and was a very quick trip.
    540 miles 7 hours
    Zooom zooom

Checked into a new Northern Lite Truck Camper when we got to DSM.
    Holy Schmoly are they nice.....and expensive.
    *what isn't these days*

Problem is if hafta get a Tonner truck to haul that 3300# animal. Makes for a $150k investment. OUCH

I am still thinking in it.
    You could buy a lot of gas and hotel rooms for $150,000, Deacon. How often would you use it?

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    You could buy a lot of gas and hotel rooms for $150,000, Deacon. How often would you use it?

Oh yes...don't I know it. -- Just thinkin' out loud...

It probably won't be ever as the trade-off of boon-docking off grid would be the ONLY reason to have something like it. There are plenty of people that have a smaller bumper pull camper and pull into Walmart for the night en-route to destination etc.
    It's kinda a dream as I grew up on Starcraft Truck Campers and all the cool stuff that went with those rattle traps.

That was then...and now of course they've become these behemoth rigs with every amenity.

As I said, probably just a dream,..not reality.

The real 'probably' would be a smaller pull trailer, a 1/2 ton pickup with a smallish topper over the bed to haul my Pro Music Gear and drive the country singing. That'll be the reality, more than likely.

Here's is some photo//data for the inquisitive....

271817596_10166353339375436_5234041707177541653_n.jpg

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Oh yes...don't I know it. -- Just thinkin' out loud...

It probably won't be ever as the trade-off of boon-docking off grid would be the ONLY reason to have something like it. There are plenty of people that have a smaller bumper pull camper and pull into Walmart for the night en-route to destination etc.
    It's kinda a dream as I grew up on Starcraft Truck Campers and all the cool stuff that went with those rattle traps.

That was then...and now of course they've become these behemoth rigs with every amenity.

As I said, probably just a dream,..not reality.

The real 'probably' would be a smaller pull trailer, a 1/2 ton pickup with a smallish topper over the bed to haul my Pro Music Gear and drive the country singing. That'll be the reality, more than likely.

Here's is some photo//data for the inquisitive....

I forgot your singing gigs. Yeah, the moderate rig sounds like it would make sense in that case. Unless you get paid more for singing than I think you do. No shade on your singing, but Christian musicians can be starving musicians a long time w/o a side gig.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I forgot your singing gigs. Yeah, the moderate rig sounds like it would make sense in that case. Unless you get paid more for singing than I think you do. No shade on your singing, but Christian musicians can be starving musicians a long time w/o a side gig.

totally agree with that statement...

and if I'm ever gonna do it, I'd best be getting out there - as I'm gaining on the sunset of my life daily.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

540 miles 7 hours
    Zooom zooom

*what isn't these days*

Problem is if hafta get a Tonner truck to haul that 3300# animal. Makes for a $150k investment. OUCH

I like 'em !

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

540 miles 7 hours
    Zooom zooom

*what isn't these days*

The problem right now of buying a 1 ton truck is that there’s hardly any available. Most dealers want you to order one instead of buying one off the lot if they have one. Some dealers are charging $30-$40,000 over sticker for 1 tons if they have them on the lot. Henri and I have looked into going to a 5th wheel camper but it would have to be one that Weighs less than 13,900 pounds loaded for my truck to be able to pull it since it’s a 1 ton gas truck.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    The problem right now of buying a 1 ton truck is that there’s hardly any available. Most dealers want you to order one instead of buying one off the lot if they have one. Some dealers are charging $30-$40,000 over sticker for 1 tons if they have them on the lot. Henri and I have looked into going to a 5th wheel camper but it would have to be one that Weighs less than 13,900 pounds loaded for my truck to be able to pull it since it’s a 1 ton gas truck.

Isn't it something. This whole vehicle thing is really really something.

There is a Toyota dealer that has a lightly used middle of the pack 2021 with 6700 miles on it.

No leather, Nothing interesting interiorly for this Tundra 4x4 except super low miles.

Middle of the pack "Limited" model.

That truck brand new was sticker priced at 45,500 --- they now want 56,500 used...with no extra eqpt.

Hec, the 1794 or Platinum model of the 2021 V-8 Tundra - top of the line - was a sticker of 55K.

I must be missing something...or else these dealers are gouging the public with no thought of repercussion.

In the end, I'll probably do nothing. B^)

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    My truck is a 2018 GMC 3500 SLE. I bought it with 10,000 miles on it and paid $38,000 for it two years ago. The dealer has offered me 50,000 to buy it back and it has 36,000 miles on it now. 1 ton trucks are extremely hard to find right now.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Good morning, Happy New Year!!!!!....a little late. :coffee::coffee: was working a lot. Wife switched us from Verizon to AT&T on cell phones. My 30 days expired on the Authenticator, needed my old phone to switch over......course it was already on the way back for trade in for the new phone with AT&T. I finally broke down and emailed HELP!!! on here. Glad to be back....feels like I've been gone a year.......

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Got my copy of American Rifleman last week, things don't look good for our neighbors to the north, who own those "evil black assault rifles".......ugh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom