Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    This rifle rack is the bomb ! The thing disassembles in about 30 seconds, and you can see how thin that it stacks.
    It always seems like the rifle that I want to use, or switch scopes, or (whatever) .... is always in the back of the safe. In the past, I'd be stacking the removed rifles on a variety of furniture, floors, and so forth. NO MORE ! :alright:

i-F7khzhL-L.jpg

The only negative that I see so far, would strictly impact outdoor use. The three points-of-contact with the ground would sink into soft earth.
    BUT .... put these 1/4" thick nylon squares underneath, and WHALAH ... no problems. :rockwoot:

i-wfHvvXM-M.jpg

NO ... I don't get a kickback from the manufacturer. I'm just thrilled that a person can still buy American made, American assembled, from certified American steel .... an actual American product ! :patriot:
    I think I saw this on Amazon for $119, does that sound right? Company was Hold Up Displays? Looks very useful for a Gala Event, like you mentioned.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Minor research on 1-10 LPVO scopes today, came across a new offering from Sig. It includes flip caps, throw lever AND a 34mm cantilever mount for $499. Looks pretty "neat" if you ask me.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024710580

11000-jpg.7793526
    This has promise. I like it. 1-10, 34mm tube, and half the cost of a Trijicon Creedo or Accushot. Only question, whats the warranty?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I don’t mind a SFP in a LPVO. Because of the intended use it works pretty well…IMHO…

I used SFP exclusively until recently. I found FFP helps me in a few areas by achieving accurate hits faster across varying distance. Mostly w/ holdovers, specifically the sub tensions remaining constant.

Contrariwise, I could see how my current setup of offset rmr/reflex sight could allow for a SFP scope to be paired and remain on max magnification.

To quote TD "more testing will be needed".

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I used SFP exclusively until recently. I found FFP helps me in a few areas by achieving accurate hits faster across varying distance. Mostly w/ holdovers, specifically the sub tensions remaining constant.

Contrariwise, I could see how my current setup of offset rmr/reflex sight could allow for a SFP scope to be paired and remain on max magnification.

To quote TD "more testing will be needed".
    The downside to FFP (for jagee: First Focal Plane) is the reticle is super small on the lower magnification, especially 1x.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The downside to FFP (for jagee: First Focal Plane) is the reticle is super small on the lower magnification, especially 1x.

Before I got into offset red dots, I used 1x as a red dot for CQ. It was useful to a point. Offset is easier for me to pick up at low/no magnification. My biggest selling point was getting my holdovers doped and never having to worry about them changing. It also helps me with ranging targets on the fly.

I just like to make things complicated. All these extra letters, now I want alphabet soup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom