Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning WT.

Weighing all my options, wants and desires. Lots of irons in my head… The original goal was to replace the G44 with another 22 handgun better suited for target plinking. However that plan was for Mrs. Rusty, but she has expressed more interest in shooting 22 bolt guns with scopes. So now I’m wondering if it makes more sense to go that route (which is the way I’m leaning).

I currently have a RAR with a Vortex scope, it’s been around the group. Love that rifle lots. Solid accurate piece. Been thinking for awhile about removing the scope and just using it as an irons plinker. I’d use it for training my girls, but it’s the long barrel version, I’d LOVE to have their compact youth option. But I’m also very intrigued by the CZ 457 Scout compact. Both have options to grow with the shooter.

In regards to the Mrs. loving to shoot for groups, I have had thoughts of adding a more “target” oriented option. Again, I’d like to explore the CZ offerings, but I am already invested in the 10/22 mag series with two rifles.

Also in my mind has been a larger caliber bolt gun to play with, mostly Milsurp that interests me. I was presented the opportunity to purchase my late cousins rifles from my uncle awhile back, but at the time I could not swing it. They are a Mosin 91/30 PU sniper, Chinese SKS and a Nagant revolver. I want all of those for various reasons…

Now you’ve all been inside my head. You’re welcome. I’ll spare you from all my other wants and desires as these are at the forefront of my itch to purchase something…

In regards to the immediate training of my oldest when the weather warms, I decided to use my Red Ryder in the backyard to work on basics. Then later this year, maybe for her birthday I will buy her her own rifle.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning WT.

Weighing all my options, wants and desires. Lots of irons in my head… The original goal was to replace the G44 with another 22 handgun better suited for target plinking. However that plan was for Mrs. Rusty, but she has expressed more interest in shooting 22 bolt guns with scopes. So now I’m wondering if it makes more sense to go that route (which is the way I’m leaning).

I currently have a RAR with a Vortex scope, it’s been around the group. Love that rifle lots. Solid accurate piece. Been thinking for awhile about removing the scope and just using it as an irons plinker. I’d use it for training my girls, but it’s the long barrel version, I’d LOVE to have their compact youth option. But I’m also very intrigued by the CZ 457 Scout compact. Both have options to grow with the shooter.

In regards to the Mrs. loving to shoot for groups, I have had thoughts of adding a more “target” oriented option. Again, I’d like to explore the CZ offerings, but I am already invested in the 10/22 mag series with two rifles.

Also in my mind has been a larger caliber bolt gun to play with, mostly Milsurp that interests me. I was presented the opportunity to purchase my late cousins rifles from my uncle awhile back, but at the time I could not swing it. They are a Mosin 91/30 PU sniper, Chinese SKS and a Nagant revolver. I want all of those for various reasons…

Now you’ve all been inside my head. You’re welcome. I’ll spare you from all my other wants and desires as these are at the forefront of my itch to purchase something…

In regards to the immediate training of my oldest when the weather warms, I decided to use my Red Ryder in the backyard to work on basics. Then later this year, maybe for her birthday I will buy her her own rifle.

Carlos, is that you?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning WT.

Simple.

See gun.

Buy gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom