bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n gents

Its definitely a frosty one out today. Just got back from helping a buddy run a new temp condensation drain so he could have some heat. I just pointed and told him what to do, which he listened and did. The old one ran straight out the wall to a 6' stalagmite(spelling?) of ice. It's draining to his shower til hes finished with some plumbing work.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Gardener cranky this morning as the wood burner didn't fire up quickly. Noticed that it was not started using the correct procedure but decided against saying anything. Day two with this sickness, but the fever feels like it gone after 24 hours, will check that later. Nagina must have been serving out meth to the dog again last night, it was barking hysterically down in the valley all night.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    G(late)M all. Been busy gluing dinosaurs and catalyzing lava flows. Lunch pizza en route. No complaints here. Off to work this afternoon, and hopefully some peace.
    aba368f1f59ed4bfba76ec8a77f721f8.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Gardener cranky this morning as the wood burner didn't fire up quickly. Noticed that it was not started using the correct procedure but decided against saying anything. Day two with this sickness, but the fever feels like it gone after 24 hours, will check that later. Nagina must have been serving out meth to the dog again last night, it was barking hysterically down in the valley all night.

Prayers for a speedy recovery. This :poop: sucks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Did you make it to breakfast this morning?

I didn't. I'm still having breathing issues, runny nose, cough and headache. Even if I'm clear of the wuflu, which I tend to doubt, something is still giving me fits and I want to ensure I can't pass it along. The recovery is much longer than I'd hoped, but I was well enough to get dishes and some small stuff done, though I'm now pretty much wiped out. Bit better than yesterday though, so very small baby steps I guess.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I didn't. I'm still having breathing issues, runny nose, cough and headache. Even if I'm clear of the wuflu, which I tend to doubt, something is still giving me fits and I want to ensure I can't pass it along. The recovery is much longer than I'd hoped, but I was well enough to get dishes and some small stuff done, though I'm now pretty much wiped out. Bit better than yesterday though, so very small baby steps I guess.
    Crazy. Sure hope you kick it soon.

I heard from a old running buddy the other day; He and his wife had COVID recently. His struggle has been very similar to yours but his wife had mild symptoms for a few days. Sooooo unpredictable.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Sounds like "long covid". Sorry you are having to go thru this. Stay in touch with the Doctors.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, it's weird. Monica had it bad as well, but she doesn't have the breathing problems I do. She's also got more energy and is now sick from other things as she did a quick test that came back negative. Of course, she's now up and running errands and I lose my endurance to do anything but sit very quickly. It's a huge PITA, but if I can get the breathing fixed I'll be a long way towards being better.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Morn'n gents

Its definitely a frosty one out today. Just got back from helping a buddy run a new temp condensation drain so he could have some heat. I just pointed and told him what to do, which he listened and did. The old one ran straight out the wall to a 6' stalagmite(spelling?) of ice. It's draining to his shower til hes finished with some plumbing work.
    stalactites are from the ceiling and stalagmites come from the ground growing upward......former spelunker here......and not the urban "where's the light switch for this room??...this cave is dark!!!!"........lol
    We'd take a minimum of 4 to 5 sources of lights, back up bulbs, batteries, carbide, spare carbide in sealed container, drinking water, energy bars, etc... This was before the LED's of today. I remember having lower incandescent wheat age bulbs for my main light. You could get another 3 to 4 hours by lowering the amp draw on weak batteries, less light of course, but little light is better than NO LIGHT when you're 3 or more miles under the ground in southern IN or Kentucky!!!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    stalactites are from the ceiling and stalagmites come from the ground growing upward......former spelunker here......and not the urban "where's the light switch for this room??...this cave is dark!!!!"........lol
    We'd take a minimum of 4 to 5 sources of lights, back up bulbs, batteries, carbide, spare carbide in sealed container, drinking water, energy bars, etc... This was before the LED's of today. I remember having lower incandescent wheat age bulbs for my main light. You could get another 3 to 4 hours by lowering the amp draw on weak batteries, less light of course, but little light is better than NO LIGHT when you're 3 or more miles under the ground in southern IN or Kentucky!!!
    Stalactites have to hold on "tight" to the ceiling ... at least that's what I was taught.

Can one ever be a former spelunker? It's been more than a few years since I was in a cave, but I still have all my gear ready to go.

Back when I first started, there were 4 brothers who showed me the ropes. They all smoked and one day, in the deepest part of the cave we were exploring, we sat down for a break. They had us all douse our lights and close our eyes while 1 of them lit up a cigarette. He placed it behind his back, had us open our eyes and remarked "this is my absolute last light source", then he brought the cigarette from behind his back and took a drag. You would have thought we were in broad daylight ... holy cow, when your eyes are starved for input, even the glow of a cigarette is enough to see clearly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom