The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    You just reminded me of the time I had to try to use a long reach Skyjack to work on the T-Tail of a C-5B. I took it up and then right back down, it swayed about a foot every time you made any movement. I was 65 feet in the air.
    You should try 75' up in a 95' tree in a strong wind. A foot of sway feels like 3' to me. I rarely climb in windy conditions.
    9205FC9E-8B18-4AAC-A4DA-AE88918C1C85.jpeg
    I don't even like getting on the roof of my single story ranch house. :dunno:
    Ill get on a roof any day as long as its not a super steep pitch. Ive been on third story low pitch roofs just fine. The wobbly skyjack is what sketches me out.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Nothing like the fun ride to be had on a low pitch metal roof with a light frost covering. Those screw heads aren't much to get a bite on. Weeeeeeeee!!!
    That, my friend, is the kind of statement we call a "no shitter". Your butt puckers up so tight the neighbors dog is in danger of being pulled into the vortex.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Mornin all. Currently taking a break from running water lines on a 20’ ceiling. I hate heights, skyjack sways like crazy, not having a good morning at all. Id rather have a solid ladder. I need one of those pills they give you at the hospital to chill ya out after you accidentally try to grind your finger off and your freaking out lol.

Sounds like you've had those before. There's a story there...

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Nothing like the fun ride to be had on a low pitch metal roof with a light frost covering. Those screw heads aren't much to get a bite on. Weeeeeeeee!!!
    I fell off a three story slate roof when I was 19 (?). Had zero fear of heights before and after.

Now that time has past, I don't even like a 6' foot ladder. Heck....H45 even scares me.

I can recall every split second of that fall. Time does slow down. Luckily, I landed flat on my back in relatively soft dirt. Knocked the wind out of me and I was sore for a long time...

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I fell off a three story slate roof when I was 19 (?). Had zero fear of heights before and after.

Now that time has past, I don't even like a 6' foot ladder. Heck....H45 even scares me.

I can recall every split second of that fall. Time does slow down. Luckily, I landed flat on my back in relatively soft dirt. Knocked the wind out of me and I was sore for a long time...
    :alright:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Sounds like you've had those before. There's a story there...
    Yeah once. I forget what its called but its not Zanex. To be fair i thought my finger was a goner and i was thinking about how much the ER visit was going to cost me lol.

Definitely a lucky fall.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

Well, Saddle me up and ride me to 'Frisco.....

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

H45 scares all of us! I'm just glad that I never took away any of his prized guns. Also, all of his guns are prized.
    I think you might still be sore from that fall!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    H45 scares all of us! I'm just glad that I never took away any of his prized guns. Also, all of his guns are prized.
    I think you might still be sore from that fall!

He tells you they were prized but in reality they are just his rejects.

His gun room is doing just fine.

d2beeb217ee97b3093fce8f8bbed73b7.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom