The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Cheekrest finally came in so short of having a tuner I think its ready for a range trip. Took it out the back door for a few shots just to check operation and couldnt be happier, light crisp trigger a butter smooth action. Have high hopes for this one.

View attachment 166238
    I expect a 2 page write up on this one. Damn nice looking rifle.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Cheekrest finally came in so short of having a tuner I think its ready for a range trip. Took it out the back door for a few shots just to check operation and couldnt be happier, light crisp trigger a butter smooth action. Have high hopes for this one.

View attachment 166238

A whole lotta “WOW!” in that picture.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Was listening to the SCOTUS NYSRPA vs. Bruen case verbal arguments. Let me gather my thoughts and will give my write up on my rifle.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Had to take care of some family issues and it took a little longer to reset and gather my thoughts. Hope CM wont kick my ass for this.

It's a Cooper 57M TRP Gen1 not the troublesome TRP3. Got it off of RimfireCental for 25% off asking price so I couldn't pass it up.
    It has a 25" 1:16 6 land target crowned match barrel.
    The stock is a Bell & Carson F-class made for Cooper with a aluminum bedding block from mid forearm, where a sling swivel would normally be, to the wrist. The finish is a kind of blister texture that didnt slide well in the silvered bags so thats why the slick tape was added and now slides very easily.
    The factory Cooper trigger was replaced with a Jard s.s. adjustable set at light 8oz.
    Tried the riser/scope ring combination and thought it didn't look as clean as I wanted so went with the Talley high rings.
    The scope is a US optics TS-5-25×50, from a INGO member for less than half price of new, with the same reticle as my B-25 and the lowest paralax setting is 10yds.
    The cheek riser is a Brian'scheekriser Bravo3 and is functional but hasn't grown on me yet. Hope that it will in time. It's brushes against the tacticool a little too much for my liking, and not as clean looking as I would like but it is what it is.
    I really like it and have high hopes for this set-up.

20211101_220858.jpg

Carlos I will have the 2nd page of the write up after the first range trip. Good 1st page though?

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Had to take care of some family issues and it took a little longer to reset and gather my thoughts. Hope CM wont kick my ass for this.

It's a Cooper 57M TRP Gen1 not the troublesome TRP3. Got it off of RimfireCental for 25% off listed price so I couldn't pass it up.
    The stock is a Bell & Carson F-class made for Cooper with a aluminum bedding block from mid forearm, where a sling swivel would normally be, to the wrist. The finish is a kind of blister texture that didnt slide well in the silvered bags so thats why the slick tape was added and now slides very easily.
    The factory Cooper trigger was replaced with a Jard s.s. adjustable set at light 8oz.
    Tried the riser/scope ring combination and thought it didn't look as clean as I wanted so went with the Talley high rings.
    The scope is a US optics TS-5-25×50, from a INGO member for less than half price of new, with the same reticle as my B-25 and the lowest paralax setting is 10yds.
    The cheek riser is a Brian'scheekriser Bravo3 and is functional but hasn't grown on me yet. Hope that it will in time. It's brushes against the tacticool a little too much for my liking, and not as clean looking as I would like but it is what it is.

View attachment 166338

Carlos I will have the 2nd page of the write up after the first range trip. Good 1st page though?

Holy Cow!

No pun intended with your handle, but 25" with that heavy profile has to feel like you're aiming a cannon - in a good, solid way, I mean. Anxious to see how it performs.

:thatshot:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Holy Cow!

No pun intended with your handle, but 25" with that heavy profile has to feel like you're aiming a cannon - in a good, solid way, I mean. Anxious to see how it performs.

:thatshot:

Not so much. It is a straight contour but only weighs 9lbs without the scope so it's not bad at all.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

It's a Cooper 57M TRP Gen1 not the troublesome TRP3. Got it off of RimfireCental for 25% off listed price so I couldn't pass it up.

View attachment 166338

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Love it!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    They rapid tested daughter for one type of Strep and also Covid, both negative. They are still treating her for Strep and Tonsillitis until the tests results come back in a few days. I guess it could be another type of Strep and they aren't exactly sure at this point. So she gets antibiotics and a super tasty mouthwash for a bit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Survived #2 treatment.....:)

Had a serious discussion with my oncologist and his Gal Friday. Good people. Kind and helpful.
    There is some changes coming as I now have a much better time line for whats left. More to come as CKW and I sort this out.

You prayers and help can not be measured in any words I can come up with. I would fall short of how we feel.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Survived #2 treatment.....:)

Had a serious discussion with my oncologist and his Gal Friday. Good people. Kind and helpful.
    There is some changes coming as I now have a much better time line for whats left. More to come as CKW and I sort this out.

You prayers and help can not be measured in any words I can come up with. I would fall short of how we feel.
    Hang in there CM.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    b399b1b7f0c0cc5a4ea4033d1ce0c19d.png

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Reba delivered a magnificent performance today. There are just a few rifles I have felt deeply connected to and this is one of them, along with my Noveske AR and my Howa 308 being the other.

I began with the slow, boring and mostly annoying process of breaking the barrel in per Howa's procedure. I don't normally do break in procedures, but my precision mentors insisted otherwise. I should mention that I bore sighted the rifle at the range by using the tried and trued way of removing the bolt and looking down the barrel at the target, then adjusting the scope to the same point of aim. I have had great success doing this and many times I've had bullseyes starting out, this was one of those times.

20211103_204130.jpg

After 20 rounds, it was time for initial ammo testing. Wolf Gold 55gr put together a stellar 3 shots on group #3 at 0.361", but I couldn't duplicate it. I am going to reattempt at a later date, because I was still getting to know the rifle and hadn't quite found my rhythm just yet, so I kinda feel like the ammo didn't get a fair shake. The target shows horizontal and vertical stringing as I ironed out my issues that gmcttr is coaching me on.

After slapping the suppressor on, it took the rifle from being a rumbling punchy little fellow to a more quiet & refined gentleman. It made the rifle a downright joy to shoot. The experience became zen like the more acquainted we became. I only shot Wolf Gold for the first 35 rounds unsuppressed, everything after that had the can on during testing.

20211103_204029.jpg

Now the good stuff begins to show. Australian Outback 69gr was impressive, but Norma 77gr stole the show. Which doesn't surprise me, because that stuff performs like high octane race fuel in my 5.56 Noveske AR.

20211103_203908.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom