• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am with you on this one. We know not if this id good news until we see the next nominee.

Probably someone "cleaner" with an agenda that is better hidden.

Chip was somebody behind the scenes choice, I never did see his connection with Joe and he was way light for the job of director.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked up two new additions today.

Top is a Colt 1894 from 1896. From it's introduction as the Colt New Navy in 1889 this revolver went through a number of changes until it's unfortunate showing in the Philippine war. The Army and Navy both wanted changes made after they got over the revolutionary aspect of a swing out cylinder revolver. The Army in particular went a round with Colt about who would make the changes. Like the Navy model, Colt wanted to do the work and be paid for it, the Army just wanted to buy the parts and have Springfield do the work. From 1889 to 1907 this has led to a variation of these guns which is always good for the collector's market.:)

Bottom is a Colt New Police from 1900. Nothing remarkable about the design, but it is the first standardized sidearm for an American city. During his tenure as NYC police commissioner, Theodore Roosevelt decides that this gun will be the issue sidearm. A 32 seems small by today's standards, but Teddy was focused more on accuracy than knock down power. Colt had earlier taken a shot at a "police" revolver with the introduction of the 1862, a cap and ball gun, but the idea never gained any traction.DSCN4564.JPG

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm using MS Authenticator and it is working fine for 2fa with Tapatalk
    I just tried using MS Authenticator, but when I open Tapatalk it hangs up and then I get two emails from INGO with two different codes.
    Edit: I got it going now.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Picked up two new additions today.

Top is a Colt 1894 from 1896. From it's introduction as the Colt New Navy in 1889 this revolver went through a number of changes until it's unfortunate showing in the Philippine war...

I'm curious about it's problems in the war. Not enough stopping power or something else?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm curious about it's problems in the war. Not enough stopping power or something else?

In it's many forms the basic design serves Army and Navy well both through the Spanish American war up to the Philippines. Here stories return from officers who experienced charging Moros that absorbed bullets but still got into close combat. American regular army fighting with the constabulary found the cast off 1878/1902 better at stopping the Moros and this story returns to the US with the soldiers. The army is looking at new guns in 1904 so they run the Thompson Lagarde tests which involve shooting cadavers, live stockyard animals, and interviews with captured Moros shot by the 38 caliber guns. The results of this is Army policy of 45 caliber or nothing. Colt quickly responds with the 1909 New Service revolver and later the famous 1911. The New Army/Navy continues in various forms on the civilian market.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Howdy AT, Deacon.

It's been a series of naps the last few days for me. Not sure exactly how much sleep I have had, probably the average 4-6hrs per day. Not sure how I'd act if I got 8.5

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Howdy AT, Deacon.

It's been a series of naps the last few days for me. Not sure exactly how much sleep I have had, probably the average 4-6hrs per day. Not sure how I'd act if I got 8.5

If I didn't already have coffee in my system, I'd already be heading back to bed for a nap. As it is, I'll have my second cup in about an hour and hopefully around 9 or 10 I can take a 2 or 3 hour nap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom