Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    We had cats they are unique. Karma is so allergic to pet dander we had to find them new homes.
    we don’t miss them.
    The person in this house that likes the cats - is allergic to them.

When they leave (for whatever reason), they will not be replaced. Let me just just say that my phone has pictures of our grand-dogs but you won't find any of the cats.

One is sitting at the office door right now waiting for the black squirrel to walk by. Its funny. I swear the squirrel stops every morning and says to the cat "Ya, B!@#h, I understand how glass works. You should learn." and then slowly walks off.

90dab54a1ff108bd20c58e0ddf29ca92.jpg

(Deleting cat picture from phone)

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m not a cat person. I like them well enough when they belong to someone else but prefer a good dog for day to day company. My sister has a big orange tomcat that is essentially a Golden Retriever in a cat suit. But, even the company of that cat is best enjoyed only on visits.

Might be because I grew up in a house that had as many as 10 cats running around all while being allergic to them

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning

Got lost in research last night looking at barrel tuners. Pretty interesting stuff in regards to barrel harmonics. It seems they can really help with rimfire shooters since they can't tune a load to the barrel, they can tune the barrel to the load. Poked around looking at several different designs and how they're attached to the barrel. Neat stuff.

This is one that interests me the most, but my gun funds are still depleted for now.

https://www.kineticsecuritysolutions.com/products/adaptive-tuning-system-ats
    One of the guys at the precision shoot uses one on an AR and that gun keeps up with the big boy bolt heavy weight bench guns.

It would be interesting to see what impact it would have on a 22 bull barrel.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The cat in question is very skittish and we're trying to not scar her any more than she has already been. This is a cat whose owner killed himself in front of her, with a handgun. She freaks out at pretty much any noise and will hide for hours. We've had her for a little bit over a year and she's just starting to calm down. I'm afraid something like that would set her back too far. So far, she hasn't been too big of an issue. The last few times she's woke me up, I've had enough sleep, though would have still preferred a bit more. I'd rather get up and take care of her though, instead of freaking her out. She's fat enough that every time she has a freak out attack, I worry that she'll keel over dead from a heart attack.
    I think we have found the reason the previous owner checked out early, they couldn't get any sleep.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    One of the guys at the precision shoot uses one on an AR and that gun keeps up with the big boy bolt heavy weight bench guns.

From what I could decipher out of conversations among the internet experts (believe me, the conversations get SUPER in depth), the effect is less on shorter/thicker barrels due to barrel stiffness.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’m not a cat person. I like them well enough when they belong to someone else but prefer a good dog for day to day company. My sister has a big orange tomcat that is essentially a Golden Retriever in a cat suit. But, even the company of that cat is best enjoyed only on visits.

Might be because I grew up in a house that had as many as 10 cats running around all while being allergic to them

I'm just the opposite. Loved my fox terrier growing up, but have always been a cat person. Have no desire for a dog, though I love on them when I'm around them.

Alright then. No more whining about behavior unless you want useful suggestions about how to solve the situation. :stickpoke: ;)

Our two are needy, spoiled rotten brats too.View attachment 158771View attachment 158772

Hey now, I see nothing in the contract that says I can't continue to complain about self inflicted issues... ;)

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

An acquaintance of mine uses one on a couple of his benchrest 22 rifles. Not 100% on how they actually work but seen the proof they do their jobs. He easily shoots sub moa with one and barely moa without. Im not to that level yet but might be in interested in one in the future.

He uses a Harrels tuner btw.
    Resized_20210903_142923.jpeg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    An acquaintance of mine uses one on a couple of his benchrest 22 rifles. Not 100% on how they actually work but seen the proof they do their jobs. He easily shoots sub moa with one and barely moa without. Im not to that level yet but might be in interested in one in the future.

SOOOOOO many variables when you get to sub-moa.

As an example, I shot the first test load test in my bench gun. The best group was the only group that showed vertical stack. :facepalm:

Loaded up another 25 at that charge and will see what it does. Might be the FGE before I get to shoot them though. :facepalm:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm just the opposite. Loved my fox terrier growing up, but have always been a cat person. Have no desire for a dog, though I love on them when I'm around them.
    Had a fox terrier. . . Once. SOB stood on the back of the couch a vibrated when he could see a cat outside. Chewed the face of every one he ever got close to. He was faster than the cats. They never made it to the tree. Finally had to end him since we couldn't tone him down. Killing machine.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Had a fox terrier. . . Once. SOB stood on the back of the couch a vibrated when he could see a cat outside. Chewed the face of every one he ever got close to. He was faster than the cats. They never made it to the tree. Finally had to end him since we couldn't tone him down. Killing machine.

Ours was a very timid female from a large litter. We got her at one or two years old and she was always a very sweet and mellow dog. Female fox terriers seem to be less high strung than the males. We never had any issues with our fox terrier. We had tons of outdoor cats (grew up on an old hobby farm) but the dog never bothered them.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

He uses a Harrels tuner btw.
    View attachment 158774
    Harrel was one I looked at. I'd like one that I could use on multiple rifles.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    He uses his on multiple rifles. A 40x, Win52D, and his Cooper TRP. Seems easily swapped over and works on all of them I've seen him use it on.
    Must have the same barrel diameter? The Harrel rimfire I looked at has to be bored to a specific diameter and then is clamped in place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom