Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll probably have a fair amount of .223/5.56 and 7.62x51 brass at SGE for sale/trade. The 7.62x51 brass will need inspected by someone to tell if me if it can be reloaded safely, quite a few them have banged up mouths from ejecting hard when shooting suppressed (action cycling too fast, about 1:00 ejection).

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Range plans made for Monday, targets already prepped.

Going to shoot the Tippmann and CZ 457 at 200 yards for groups. The Tippmann will be with CCI SV and the CZ will be comparing SK Rifle Match/Eley Club/Eley Target. What I'm really curious is whether or not the Eley offerings have the same POI as the SK stuff. I will be tickled pink if they do, because that then gives me about 4k rounds of match ammo that I can use with the same scope adjustments at distance.

Also decided I'm going to give the ZQI ammo one more opportunity with my 308 AR. I'm going to shoot a 10 round group with and without the suppressor at 100 yards. Slow precise shots, taking plenty of time to keep the barrel cooled down. What I suspect is that ammo is really 4-5moa, but my 3-shot groups are deceiving me into thinking it's 2 moa with a shifting POI. Looking at previous targets, my 2 moa groups weren't always in the same POI and shifted quite a bit from one to the other. I figure 10 rounds using the same POA will show me what I want to know. If the ammo proves to be 4-5 moa, it goes up for sale/trade in the classies. I have no interest in shooting groups that large and even less interest in trying to find a rifle the ammo likes.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Range plans made for Monday, targets already prepped.

Going to shoot the Tippmann and CZ 457 at 200 yards for groups. The Tippmann will be with CCI SV and the CZ will be comparing SK Rifle Match/Eley Club/Eley Target. What I'm really curious is whether or not the Eley offerings have the same POI as the SK stuff. I will be tickled pink if they do, because that then gives me about 4k rounds of match ammo that I can use with the same scope adjustments at distance.

Also decided I'm going to give the ZQI ammo one more opportunity with my 308 AR. I'm going to shoot a 10 round group with and without the suppressor at 100 yards. Slow precise shots, taking plenty of time to keep the barrel cooled down. What I suspect is that ammo is really 4-5moa, but my 3-shot groups are deceiving me into thinking it's 2 moa with a shifting POI. Looking at previous targets, my 2 moa groups weren't always in the same POI and shifted quite a bit from one to the other. I figure 10 rounds using the same POA will show me what I want to know. If the ammo proves to be 4-5 moa, it goes up for sale/trade in the classies. I have no interest in shooting groups that large and even less interest in trying to find a rifle the ammo likes.
    Patching it between groups? Just curious if that's part of your process. Seems like you'd be much more satisfied as well if you had a calm day instead of full value holds. Your groups are solid T.

Hell, I can't even find the time to get out and tune the scopestraviganza swap. Everything is boresighted but that's it. I am squeezing in a function check Fri afternoon in prep for Pickle Lady's first formal pistol course this weekend. Gotta make sure things are G2G for momma-san. I am pitching a hand to staff so it'll be awesome to see her amp it up.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My People..!!

A night filled with pain in the back, muscles still reacting to my Chiro perfect RE-placement of joints.

Capped 4 Motrin @ 1am and it did *somewhat* the trick.

I cannot remember a time I've had this much trouble sleeping with a whacked back.

I am on the mend...just need to relax all those competing muscles for a while.

Oh, and I drive tomorrow early morning..yummy

MyMMV.... :popcorn: :popcorn:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I do have a SGE question. Google Maps says I should go Keystone/31 out if Indy, to 24. I'm leaning more towards I-69 and avoiding the land known as Carmel.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I do have a SGE question. Google Maps says I should go Keystone/31 out if Indy, to 24. I'm leaning more towards I-69 and avoiding the land known as Carmel.

31 to 24 is the path of least resistance if you are not too far East in the greater Indy area. 69 can technically be quicker but it seems rare that it works that way in reality.

Just fyi - I live 15-20 minutes East of the Saturday location and when we visit our kids in Noblesville we almost always take 31.

My wife prefers 69. Wait let me rephrase. When my wife drives to Indianapolis she prefers Interstate 69 as there are Starbucks along the way and she can drive 105 mph without getting a ticket.

Your call.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...If the ammo proves to be 4-5 moa, it goes up for sale/trade in the classies. I have no interest in shooting groups that large and even less interest in trying to find a rifle the ammo likes.

I save the low accuracy ammo for plinking steel offhand.

...I am on the mend...just need to relax all those competing muscles for a while...

If it's muscular...cyclobenzaprine and 800mg of ibuprofen although this may not be the best for an early morning drive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom