This is just evil.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Did you know that the Phantom is the Czech Army's issued sidearm? I keep forgetting that, but it makes sense. Even out of the box, it's a great gun to run. I was dry firing my son's P320 the other day and am just not impressed with that trigger. Too bad our folks in uniform don't get to sport some CZ stuff.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Some pistols have really made the rounds in this group. Hopefully, as this group continues to evolve over the years, the best of the pistols stay within our circle. Right now, 4 of my CZs were BA's at one point and 3 of those where worked on by the Wizard himself. I have no CM tuned 1911s though. Might need to fix that one of these days.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's one of the reasons that I voted P01 in that other thread about what's the best compact pistol. The P01 really is a great all around gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not sure if the NSN number was the result of a NATO country using them or if it was just because the could since they passed the NATO test requirements. Could be a third reason.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is from CZ's website:

Reliability: The U.S. Army “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF) requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols. During testing of the CZ P-01, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired. This is a .05% failure rate or an MRBF of 2142! For many years, the P-01 carried an NSN engraved on its frame, making it the first NATO-spec pistol ever available to the public. Recently, the factory decided to upgrade the slide stop spring which in turn means the current models may or may not carry an NSN.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    This is from CZ's website:

Reliability: The U.S. Army “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF) requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols. During testing of the CZ P-01, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired. This is a .05% failure rate or an MRBF of 2142! For many years, the P-01 carried an NSN engraved on its frame, making it the first NATO-spec pistol ever available to the public. Recently, the factory decided to upgrade the slide stop spring which in turn means the current models may or may not carry an NSN.
    Very cool. Did not know that

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Cool thanks 88. I knew they had updated a spring of somekind so stopped putting the NSN, just wasnt sure till now on why they had done it (put nsn on it). Much appreciated. Kinda cool having it on there.

I still cant believe the size of this pistol in my hand. It fits like a glove. Of I would have known the p01 existed sooner I would have had one sooner. This is insane

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    From reading and listening it sounds like the Omega trigger is preferable to the stock trigger IF you aren't going to have any modifications done to the trigger. IF the stock trigger is modified and tuned then it is better than Omega. And the Omega trigger tuned is still not as preferable to the stock trigger tuned. Is all of this true?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    From reading and listening it sounds like the Omega trigger is preferable to the stock trigger IF you aren't going to have any modifications done to the trigger. IF the stock trigger is modified and tuned then it is better than Omega. And the Omega trigger tuned is still not as preferable to the stock trigger tuned. Is all of this true?

I'd say that is accurate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom