MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Me = Site Supporter ! :alright:

(long overdue ..... I get mucho enjoyment from INGO, and particularly, this thread .... and especially our face-to-face get togethers)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hey Churchmouse ..... you asked (a few pages back) about rifle case recommendations. I'm not sure if anyone answered your inquiry, but I'll take a stab at it.
    I've had good luck with the Midway USA branded products. The 'discrete' rifle case works well for me, and is reasonable at about $35.
    Below is a link to the 36" case, and they also make them in 42" and in a variety of colors. If you don't like them, Midway is always easy on 'returns'.

Link: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/515329/midwayusa-heavy-duty-discreet-tactical-rifle-case

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Great time at the range this morning with WT, RK, and the Wiz. We need to do more of these mini-gatherings.
    Excellent, a drizzly Saturday morning well spent with good company!

I finally (just a few minutes ago) got my head to OK my index finger to click through the shopping cart process. The ECO is coming...

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Excellent, a drizzly Saturday morning well spent with good company!

I finally (just a few minutes ago) got my head to OK my index finger to click through the shopping cart process. The ECO is coming...

Good deal! You will love it. And you should have come shoot with us this morning. Another time.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Good deal! You will love it. And you should have come shoot with us this morning. Another time.
    For sure. I'm a former Rossvillian, and we used to go to the Big Town of Lafayette for most of our shopping needs back in the days of rotary dial phones and Fleetwood Mac cassette tapes in the Cutlass. You're sort of in my old stomping grounds!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I got my CZ evo scorpion from them, they had a sale I jumped on it. They ship fast had my FFL on file. To me they are GTO

Thanks for the confirmation on deguns.net (via PM)

Said thing is they have a pretty good deal on Shield 2.0, but they have a pretty hefty shipping charge, unless you get to a certain amount... so one of my buddies pointed out that I tend to buy things in 2's or more and that I should just buy 2 of them to avoid the shipping charge... and I'm seriously considering it.

I jumped from Glock 19's over to M&P Compact 2.0's and now thinking of jumping from Glock 43 for micro needs over to the Shield. Buy buying 2 before having any experience at all with the first one would even be a bit out there by my own standards of 2 = 1 .... Hmmm... decisions.

While you guys contemplate buying Shadow 2's... I'm looking at whether I want put money into 2 Shields, as well as mags and holster. Damn CDO.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I sold my shield 2 and kept my gen1 shield. Wife carrys a shield too.
    The gen2 grip was WAY too aggressive for me. If it touched your skin concealing it would rub you raw. Also shooting it wasnt pleasant with the rough grip texture either. Hindsight, I guess I could have put some of that rubber grip tape **** on it. I dont modify my own guns so that's why I didnt just sand it down.

I usually have a 19 or a 26 IWB and my shield on my ankle

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I sold my shield 2 and kept my gen1 shield. Wife carrys a shield too.

I usually have a 19 or a 26 IWB and my shield on my ankle

Didn't like it? Ah, I see you edited and the texture was the issue... I could see that. Isn't an issue on the 2.0 Compact for me. If it was, probably just hit it with some sandpaper on the one side of the grip.

I am either carrying a 2.0 Compact or a Glock 43 these days.

Used to carry my 26 regularly, but slimmed down to the 43.

Just thinking the Shield 2.0 might be something to try, and fit in better with the stable of S&W I seem to now have (still have the Glocks as well though). If deguns.net had a reasonable shipping charge it would already be on its way. I may just wait a bit. Prices seem all over the place on them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Didn't like it?

Just thinking the Shield 2.0 might be something to try. If I could get a reasonable shipping charge, for the price I saw, it would already be on its way. I may just wait a bit. Prices seem all over the place on them.
    I edited to add why. You really should shoot a gen2 shield before you buy one. It's not enough just to hold it.
    Also unless you have something between your clothing or skin and the grip, it will wear a hole in your clothes and your skin.
    Its that bad. Same with the 2.0 m&p
    I have a gen4 and a gen5 26. I cant really tell a difference in the 2 so I think buying the gen5 was a waste of money. Maybe shooting it longer distances I'd notice a slight difference since the gen5 has a better barrel. I try to buy my glocks used if I can to save money. Unless it's the newest model and then I want it the first day it comes out. I get blue label discount so I try to buy at least 1 glock a year for that. Saves me a lot of money.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    For sure. I'm a former Rossvillian, and we used to go to the Big Town of Lafayette for most of our shopping needs back in the days of rotary dial phones and Fleetwood Mac cassette tapes in the Cutlass. You're sort of in my old stomping grounds!

All the more reason for you to come shoot with us. You can listen your Fleetwood Mac cassettes on the drive.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Didn't like it? Ah, I see you edited and the texture was the issue... I could see that. Isn't an issue on the 2.0 Compact for me. If it was, probably just hit it with some sandpaper on the one side of the grip.

Just thinking the Shield 2.0 might be something to try, and fit in better with the stable of S&W I seem to now have (still have the Glocks as well though). If deguns.net had a reasonable shipping charge it would already be on its way. I may just wait a bit. Prices seem all over the place on them.
    That's good it doesnt bother you on your compact. One guy I know who Carrie's a new M&P has screwed up a lot of clothing with his full size.
    I like how S&W and some other makers listen to their customers and attempt to mock stippling but some of it is just too much for me.
    I guess I probably just need to get over myself and start modifying my personal guns.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That's good it doesnt bother you on your compact. One guy I know who Carrie's a new M&P has screwed up a lot of clothing with his full size.
    I like how S&W and some other makers listen to their customers and attempt to mock stippling but some of it is just too much for me.
    I guess I probably just need to get over myself and start modifying my personal guns.
    One of things I did not like on the fullsize 2.0 that I recently departed with was the aggressive stippling. It didn't bother me shooting it, but it did when drawing from concealment during training. I carry IWB with a tucked in shirt between me and the holster. My holster holds that gun tight against my body, good for concealment, but not for presentation of the gun. Almost every time I went to draw I had a shirt come along with the gun. It grabs clothes way too aggressively for my taste. I could not get a good initial purchase on the gun when reaching to draw either. I use the same style holster for other guns, that don't have the aggressive stippling, and I don't have an issue drawing. Just my 2 cents. They are great guns, but just did not work for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom