Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The wife took the P-09 for the inaugural shoot. Sucked it up and bought range ammo today, need to place an order for ammo now. The wife loved the 40SW, felt like a weak 10. So happy wife and all, it was a worthy purchase. I very much expect we will end up with a set of P-07s as well before the year is out. In the meantime, we found something else we both enjoy shooting that’s more affordable and will make a great HD gun.

The only complaint is that the DA is a touch on the heavy side. I know it will smooth and lighten some with use. I don’t want go for the full CGW options on this, the idea was something that is affordable to replace should it be used as intended. Other than dry firing, what would be the best options to look into?

I believe Hopper is a big proponent of just some inexpensive CGW springs for most of his CZ's. He might have an idea of what would do it for you.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OK.....Who knew an instamatic had a USP port.....:p
    S&W 642-1
    epf1gaI.jpg

S&W 581. Yo all saw this one at SGE
    Z4tbPmc.jpg

1. Artwork.
    2. The 581 reminds me of my Ruger Security Six.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The wife took the P-09 for the inaugural shoot. Sucked it up and bought range ammo today, need to place an order for ammo now. The wife loved the 40SW, felt like a weak 10. So happy wife and all, it was a worthy purchase. I very much expect we will end up with a set of P-07s as well before the year is out. In the meantime, we found something else we both enjoy shooting that’s more affordable and will make a great HD gun.

The only complaint is that the DA is a touch on the heavy side. I know it will smooth and lighten some with use. I don’t want go for the full CGW options on this, the idea was something that is affordable to replace should it be used as intended. Other than dry firing, what would be the best options to look into?

Congrats on the P09 Aero! I have two of those in .40 and love them both. Very soft shooters for .40 and if you run the CZ +2 mag extensions, you get a 17+1 round gun. The beauty of the CGW stuff is that it need not all be purchased at once. My P07 in .40 only has the short reset kit, extended firing pin and lightened main spring. One of my P09s has the full CGW kit and it's a sweet shooter. Browse the CGW website to see what you want to do with it. My guess is that with a bit of time polishing the pins, a lighter main spring (hammer spring) and an extended firing pin, you'll lighten it up nicely. All of those mods are pretty modestly priced on the P07/P09 series guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I always liked the SAC (Strategic Air Command) emblem.
    The eagle holds the lightning bolt in one hand, and the olive branch in the other.
    What gets delivered is dependent upon the attitude of the recipient.

I think in MAC, the emblem was a turkey with a case of toilet paper tucked under one wing and a thermos of coffee under the other.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was originally after a P-01 Omega Convertible.
    While at my LGS today, I realized the P-07 (which I've owned two of before :):) had everything I wanted.
    So I picked up an OD Green P-07 w/factory night sights.
    Even though my main interest is striker fired, I decided I want to keep a DA/SA gun around to stay proficient with that design, because shooting/handling guns is a perishable skillset.

attachment.php

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was originally after a P-01 Omega Convertible.
    While at my LGS today, I realized the P-07 (which I've owned two of before :):) had everything I wanted.
    So I picked up an OD Green P-07 w/factory night sights.
    Even though my main interest is striker fired, I decided I want to keep a DA/SA gun around to stay proficient with that design, because shooting/handling guns is a perishable skillset.

attachment.php

Very sweet and I really like the color! :thumbsup:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thinking this will remain mostly stock and run a Kadet kit.
    ChrisK mentioned this earlier and I feel it has merit.
    I like that the kits are relatively inexpensive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom