Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Had a nice range trip with the Wizard last night. I finally got the light/laser zeroed in on the Phantom. I've been meaning to do that for about a year. Shot #6, the transitional setup as SAO. I also shot the Green Machine and the new to me PCR-S. Everything functioned fine. Had the most fun with the 1851 open top Navy conversion. That thing is a hoot and is great for point shooting. I wish I would have gotten a longer barrel as the Wizard's 7" open top is even easier to point shoot. Well, maybe the next one. Thinking about a Remington 1858 conversion with a 7 1/2" barrel. Ah well. First I need to get some parts in for the two guns I have waiting to be upgraded. The PCR-S and the P01 both have a lot of promise as upgrades. I need to get at least one of them in for Cerakote and press on. This desire is competing with the felt need to add some more surplus guns before they dry up. I've got my eye on a couple but I seem to be having trouble committing to anything right now. Too many possible ways to go and only so much money.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just priced the parts for the PCR-S. I'm well over $400 without the sights. The Cerakote will be about $135 in one color and the sights about $125. So, with everything I'm right around $700 plus the initial cost of acquiring the gun. I guess it's no wonder people don't want to make that kind of investment on an old beater. The real question is why I have a safe full of them. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The range would be nice but I have to look at an A/C system in Danville this A.M. and then attend to graduation festivity's. We had 5 young people (friends/family) graduate this spring. All with honors. Renewed hope for this world.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just tried to order a CGW Pro Package and it said that the regular flat top hammer in not available. It is only available with the ring hammer and you have to call to order. Crap!

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Just tried to order a CGW Pro Package and it said that the regular flat top hammer in not available. It is only available with the ring hammer and you have to call to order. Crap!

Bummer! I should have worked today. I just finished rearranging the house for the Three Hundred & Fifty Seventh time for my Wife! I'm tired

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom