Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    WTB: What are the plans for the 10/22? Is this just a plinker or are you planning on having some fun with it? I have a 10/22 that I have not had out of the safe for a couple of years and am now starting to think that it might be a fun project rifle. I've toyed with making it into an M1 Carbine clone, but it really needs a red dot or scope for me to shoot it comfortably.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    WTB: What are the plans for the 10/22? Is this just a plinker or are you planning on having some fun with it? I have a 10/22 that I have not had out of the safe for a couple of years and am now starting to think that it might be a fun project rifle. I've toyed with making it into an M1 Carbine clone, but it really needs a red dot or scope for me to shoot it comfortably.

Honestly, I picked it up for those new to shooting. I was talking to an old friend this past weekend and he said his 14 year old daughter would like to learn to shoot. I have a couple of .22's now that would be good to start her on, but figured having a .22 rifle for new or newer shooters would be a good idea as well. I just happened to come across the classified ad where maan was selling his 10/22 and thought what the heck. This way I'm very nicely setup for new shooters.

Morning folks.

Morning maan... :)

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I was shocked that traffic wasn't bad at all this morning. That being said, as I was sitting at the light on the off-ramp for I-65 at Whiteland Rd., a car got smoked by another vehicle. A semi partially obstructed my view so I couldn't see exactly what happened but it was a very hard impact which sent one of the vehicles spinning.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Midway USA stocks several bbls including the stainless tgt bull bbl that Ruger uses on the target model. Only about $105. Just bought one to try in a build I'm working on. For most accuracy/$ spent, Kidd or Fedderson would be my bbl picks in that order. You can buy more expensive 10/22 bbls if you're searching for ultimate accuracy. Lilja still makes a drop-in, I'm pretty sure. But for the money, a Kidd is real hard to beat.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I like my 10/22. First gun I ever bought/shot. Have kept it simple for now. Volquartsen trigger parts, bolt release mod, bolt buffer and some tech sights. Someday I'd like to put a heavy barrel on it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Midway USA stocks several bbls including the stainless tgt bull bbl that Ruger uses on the target model. Only about $105. Just bought one to try in a build I'm working on. For most accuracy/$ spent, Kidd or Fedderson would be my bbl picks in that order. You can buy more expensive 10/22 bbls if you're searching for ultimate accuracy. Lilja still makes a drop-in, I'm pretty sure. But for the money, a Kidd is real hard to beat.
    Good info. I need to pull it out of the safe and make a plan for it. Not sure of the direction yet

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning folks! :coffee:

Hope it's nothing serious at the eye surgeon. One thing I really treasure is my sight. Hopefully, whatever she's there for turns out in her favor.

Congrats on the PCR Cobber. I've become a real fan of the compact CZ format over the years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom