88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I was out late with the wife last night at a Fiat Club dinner, so getting out of bed was an extra large chore this morning. The rain on the roof and the window left open making the room cold sure did not help.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Surfing Gunbroker while at work would be a very expensive way to spend time. Right now, I depend on work to keep my out of that site. If they let me surf GB while in the office, I'd be broke in a month. Then again, I've had no trouble keeping myself broke without GB in the office, so maybe it would be fine after all.

Another wet morning in Indiana. I'm taking the truck into the office today because of the number of potholes that are cropping up again this spring. Seems like all of that rain set the patching crews back a ways. You can avoid them when it's dry, but when it's raining, what was a puddle yesterday could be a pothole today.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, I snapped this shot this morning and thought I'd share it here too. I'll cross post it to the CZ Pics thread to bump that one too.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Quick before during and after of some modified magazine base plates for my P01. I hate the stock rubber plates. They stick out too far and stick to EVERYTHING. So I replaced it with a stock base plate.

The problem is that the stock base plates aren't the right size. Solution? Change the shape! A little grinding later and

Ahhh, much better. Next problem is that I can't have a silver, bare metal edge on that thing. It's ugly and I'm sure will rust or something.

Some black caliper paint and all is finished. My only regret is I didn't do both at the same time. So now I need to do another. Oh well, easy enough it should be no problem.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks BA. I can't believe the CZ Pic thread had fallen all the way back to page 4. I need to get the camera out to keep that thread on page 1 where it should be. It really should be a sticky though.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Quick before during and after of some modified magazine base plates for my P01. I hate the stock rubber plates. They stick out too far and stick to EVERYTHING. So I replaced it with a stock base plate.

The problem is that the stock base plates aren't the right size. Solution? Change the shape! A little grinding later and

Ahhh, much better. Next problem is that I can't have a silver, bare metal edge on that thing. It's ugly and I'm sure will rust or something.

Some black caliper paint and all is finished. My only regret is I didn't do both at the same time. So now I need to do another. Oh well, easy enough it should be no problem.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's a pretty nice job Work! I have a 14 round mag that I run an aluminum Hi Power baseplate on for the same reason. I've gotten used to the rubber base pads on the latest pistols though. I'm not a fan of the standard steel baseplates on the compacts since the front lip is uncomfortable for me. I did roll one of those down to improve the feel, even if it looks wonky.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    it's great now. i swapped the rubber pads to my spare SP-01 mags, and stole their steel base plates for this. It was definitely worth the time. turned out awesome, and it's super comfortable. there's no reason to have an extra 3/8" of rubber sticking out of the bottom of a P-01, the grip is plenty long for my hands. and it definitely looks and feels less goofy now that it's re-shaped.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    it's great now. i swapped the rubber pads to my spare SP-01 mags, and stole their steel base plates for this. It was definitely worth the time. turned out awesome, and it's super comfortable. there's no reason to have an extra 3/8" of rubber sticking out of the bottom of a P-01, the grip is plenty long for my hands. and it definitely looks and feels less goofy now that it's re-shaped.

I have been looking at this for my mags. I really hate that lip.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............are you sure that is a good idea.

Well I was always able to browse with my phone so it wasn't a huge impediment but was annoying. I was less concerned with Gunbroker being accessible. It was all the various online retailers that were blocked which made it difficult to shop for magazines, ammo and accessories. Some forums were also blocked but INGO was not. Problems solved.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have been looking at this for my mags. I really hate that lip.

It was relatively easy. At first i was going to just use a file... but that metal is a lot harder than i assumed. no biggie, air compressor and a sanding wheel and it was shaped in about 5 minutes. I could probably fashion some more when i do my 2nd. I took some 2K grit sandpaper to them after the initial shaping to smooth everything out, and after the paint you cant tell i did anything.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks BA. I can't believe the CZ Pic thread had fallen all the way back to page 4. I need to get the camera out to keep that thread on page 1 where it should be. It really should be a sticky though.

Since my little family has shrunk so much it isn't really worth taking pictures of. Maybe once I get some new ones through the upgrade process I can take some pics of those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom